Burning HELP...!

vbimport

Hi All,
Im very new to this board and having a few troubles which Im hoping someone can help me with.

I have been trying to back up : Empire earth, Heroes 4 play disk, Civilization III and serious sam SE. Most of these games have safedisk V2.5+ protections, or securom new.

I have tried different speeds, all the setting under the sun and I have about 20 coasters (anyone want one ? hehe) I have used clony settings (which never seem to work for me) I have also tried using both drives to play the backup games.

I am using windows 98, a diamond data 40x16x10 cd-rw drive, and I also have a cd-rom drive (dont ask what speed, i have no idea) I have a current registered version of clonecd and clonyxxl.

My PC is able to play the above games perfect, but as I have kids etc, I want to back them up.

The disks I have burnt have all the game files on them, and I can install using them, but when I go to play, the games appears to launch, then it switches back to desktop.

I'm a newbie you could say,..but any help with any of these games would be appreciated.

Not much chance of a successful copy of Heroes 4, Civ 3 or Serious Sam SE with your writer. See here and/or here .
Empire Earth is securerom new. Try using the standard game cd profile in clonecd or the securerom prfile that you can download from the profiles sticky on the clonecd forum.

ok, thanks will give it a go. The funny thing is, I actually made one working copy of Heroes 4 Play disk, I used beta blocker, but I have been unable to do it again (and I couldnt remember the exact settings I used)

Originally posted by Aussie_gamer
ok, thanks will give it a go. The funny thing is, I actually made one working copy of Heroes 4 Play disk, I used beta blocker, but I have been unable to do it again (and I couldnt remember the exact settings I used)

If you got a working copy with beta-blocker, try using AWS (but without beta-blocker). You might be lucky.:wink:

get insektor from www.blindwrite.com put media in burner drive.after driver is installed.click on hide\cdr only for burner .if this doesnt work you didnt copy right.hopes this helps