Burning GB files

Is there a way i can burn 1.2 Gb of files?

Recently i copied an installer of win2000 to my HD that includes win200pro, win2000 advance server and win2000 server(It is only on one cd). Then the last day i decided to burn it and i found out that it contains 1.2+Gb of files. I was wondering how they compacted that file on just one cd. The Cd was an original installer i borrowed from my cousin, it somehow labeled with green coating and I saw MSDN written on it. Since i already given back the cd, i cannot now copy it 1:1. Is there a way i could burn that large kind of file?

this doesn’t sound much legal… anyway i heard a few month ago about double-layered cds, just as dvds, where when the reader reaches the end of the first layer it is somehow “forced” to focus the laser on the second one, allowing anybody to read double-sized discs, but of course preventing any kind of copy. maybe if you search on the main site (cdfreaks.com) you’ll find the piece of news i’m talking 'bout…

LOL , MickeySoft busy again ? :slight_smile:

What they do is they link a lot of entries to the same files for the different operating systems. You can just backup it with CloneCD , no problemo. But you will need the original cd of course.

…I don’t think Microsoft makes it. It would cost $800 or so correct? Sounds a lot like the 8-in-1 and 4-in-1 CDs available from places like SR…

I believe their made using a microsoft tool that enables crosslinked files between the installs

Mr B. is right. A clever TOC that points to lots of files. It does prevent casual copying :wink:

the TOC doesn’t point to any files :confused: You probably speak about a file system containing cross-linked files.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
I believe their made using a microsoft tool that enables crosslinked files between the installs

That tool is CDImage…GREAT util…:bigsmile: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for the reply mates! I think i will gonna borrow it again to him (would only take sometime though).