Burning .flv to .avi recorded w/divx not playing on most (Lite-On SHW-160P6S-02CDVD-Dual)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SHW-160P6S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Im burning dvds w/divx player. The DVD’s wont play on most standalone DVD players. Ive tried DVD+R and DVD-R niether seem 2 work. But all work fine in my $30 Wal-Mart special DVD player.(but it does play divx). Any solutions for playing on Xbox360, ps2, other standalones, etc…?

[QUOTE=ajhoey;2104895][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SHW-160P6S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Im burning dvds w/divx player. The DVD’s wont play on most standalone DVD players. Ive tried DVD+R and DVD-R niether seem 2 work. But all work fine in my $30 Wal-Mart special DVD player.(but it does play divx). Any solutions for playing on Xbox360, ps2, other standalones, etc…?[/QUOTE]

Download TubeHunter Ultra, it will help ya out :slight_smile: with your quest for happyness :bow:

Download TubeHunter Ultra v2.3

so your wanting it to be dvd (vob ) format or DVIX format???

either way you just need a converter like WINAVI …convert it then burn it :slight_smile: with like …dvdshrink

If you want to convert an avi file to dvd-video format, I suggest using DVDFlick or FAVC, or AVStoDVD. Any one can be easily found using Google. For converting flv to dvd, try DVDFlick, as it has support for that particular conversion.

I’m most familiar with FAVC of those three, and it will produce excellent quality dvd video using the HC encoder that is included.

Burn to disk with ImgBurn, a free burning program that I use for virtually all my cd and dvd burning tasks. Read [B]the guides[/B] for burning dvd video at the ImgBurn forum.

The most recommended media around here is probably Verbatim brand…either -R or +R depending on your personal choice. If you have a particularly picky player, you might start with -R.

By the way S_S, DVDShrink doesn’t have native burning ability…it uses Nero or DVDDecrypter or, if you have the special edition, it can use ImgBurn. :slight_smile:

You’d be pleased/happy to know that there are freeware alternatives for flv>avi…
XviD4PSP,WinFF, Avidemux,Super, just to name a few…hope it helps with “your quest for happyness”…:smiley:
Having said that that not all xvid/divx files are created equal. There are many factors such as file size, video bitrate, audio bitrate, audio format, video resolution,etc, and so on that affect xbox or standalone compatibility.
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/what_will_xbox_360_play.cfm

Two threads merged.

I changed .avi to DVD using ConvertXtoDVD and its playing on my PS2 but is playing jumpy. Could it just be the media Sony DVD-R? Verbatim Better?

[QUOTE=ajhoey;2104936]I changed .avi to DVD using ConvertXtoDVD and its playing on my PS2 but is playing jumpy. Could it just be the media Sony DVD-R? [B]Verbatim Better?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yup.