Burning files to dvd mini disc

vbimport

Can a short dvd clip be burned onto a mini disc on computer?:slight_smile:

I haven’t worked with any mini discs & I don’t have any hardware of any kind for them. I was interested in knowing. If you could get the hardware that will write in the format in the wiki link below . It should be possible.

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2714825]Can a short dvd clip be burned onto a [B]mini disc[/B] on computer?:)[/QUOTE]

Well first off what kinda computer are we talking about? And it would seem that isn’t support much anymore and your throught good money after a old technology that isn’t widespread anymore. What might be the reason you want to go dvd to mini for??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2714877]Well first off what kinda computer are we talking about? And it would seem that isn’t support much anymore and your throught good money after a old technology that isn’t widespread anymore. What might be the reason you want to go dvd to mini for??[/QUOTE]
(1) Well, the computer is ok. (2) Instead of wasting a full size dvd disc on very small clips.:slight_smile:

@ deezalboy , You asked about mini disc which is what I posted a link to.
I think you meant miniDVD like in the link below. Is that correct?

[QUOTE=cholla;2714980]@ deezalboy , You asked about mini disc which is what I posted a link to.
I think you meant miniDVD like in the link below. Is that correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniDVD[/QUOTE] Yes thats correct. The title of my post was "Burning files to dvd mini disc", but i didnt say that in the post body, only “mini disc”. Can the dvd mini disc be burned on the computer player?:iagree:

The term is MiniDVD or MiniCD or CD single .
This image compares a 12cm disc DVD (left) compared to 8cm disc MiniDVD (right)

This image shows a MiniDisc note the case the MiniDisc is in.
These insert like a floppy in the correct drive.

I will have to look for them but I think I have some unwritten MiniDVDs somewhere . If I can find one I will give a burn a try.
I’m fairly certain DVD compliant format will work & even some standalones should play it. I think other formats .AVI for example will depend on what format a standalone will accept.
If your DVD drive has the correct tray (most do) most media players should be able to play other formats on the computer.

MiniDVD-R/RW or normal DVD-R/RW, there is no difference except the size and storage capacity!!

I’ve used MiniDVD-R and -RW since years…

Open the tray of your burner, look at it and surely you’ll see the lowered inner part, there the mindvd fits in!!

I looked through my old stuff & all I found were minidiscs .
I got those from a friend that was clearing out his junk.
I don’t have anything that uses them.
I didn’t have any MiniDVDs.

QUOTE=deezalboy;2714958 Well, the computer is ok. (2) Instead of wasting a full size dvd disc on very small clips.:)[/QUOTE]

Those smaller capacity disc will charge you a premium just to use them and you won’t be able to buy multiple disc but smaller quantities of which long term you loose out in spending more money for smaller capacity and storage.

[QUOTE=rajenroy009;2715109]I have not worked with any mini disc.[/QUOTE]I bought some Mini dvd discs, 1.4gb, and ran the file, 15.5mb, through Dvd Flick, and i`m pleased to say everything went great with disc burning ok, and it plays well too.:iagree:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2715482]I bought some Mini dvd discs, 1.4gb, and ran the file, 15.5mb, through Dvd Flick, and i`m pleased to say everything went great with disc burning ok, and it plays well too.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Excellent, and glad to hear you got that working!

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2715505]Excellent, and glad to hear you got that working!

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Thanks,it`s great to learn something new. Cheers:iagree: