Burning exactly my data

hi

is there a way i can write data to CD exactly as it is?

i mean writing 1 and 0 - without any king of coding or scrambling.

thanks

Hi and Welcome![quote=qwaszx;2068235]
is there a way i can write data to CD exactly as it is?[/quote]Of course. Use the “data disc” option in your CD/DVD burning application and add your files. They are written “as is” then.

Coding or scrambling are up to the decision of the user.

Michael

thanks, but i want more than that:

by using “data disc”, as far as i know, the data isn’t burned to the disc “as is”. for example:

say i have a file with information, and i birn it with “data disc”, my burning application will take that information, split it to blocks scramble it, and add to each block information like address and error correction bits. as far as i know there is no option in “normal” applications to bypass all that.

of course you can say that this process is wanted, and even essential for reading my data - but i want to control my burner to write exactly my data.

is it possible?

[QUOTE=qwaszx;2068989]thanks, but i want more than that:

by using “data disc”, as far as i know, the data isn’t burned to the disc “as is”. for example:

say i have a file with information, and i birn it with “data disc”, my burning application will take that information, split it to blocks scramble it, and add to each block information like address and error correction bits. as far as i know there is no option in “normal” applications to bypass all that.

of course you can say that this process is wanted, and even essential for reading my data - but i want to control my burner to write exactly my data.

is it possible?[/QUOTE]

no, thats just how CD/DVD media works.

[QUOTE=qwaszx;2068235]hi

is there a way i can write data to CD exactly as it is?

thanks[/QUOTE]

It is not possible to burn a raw data on CD/DVD without any file format (ISO9660, Joliet, UDF…). As far as I know. And if it is possible, I don’t think it’s too useful :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, not useful aka useless.

It’s possible to burn a CD without a filesystem (e.g. ISO9660 or UDF), though your OS won’t be able to make any sense of the contents. If you burn a disc in raw mode you can bypass the ECC layer. But you can’t bypass the scrambling, EFM, and framing layers to tell the drive exactly what pits and lands to put on the disc surface. Those last few layers are hard-coded in every drive, and a disc without them wouldn’t be readable anyway. (At the physical and electrical level, drives depend on certain characteristics of the recorded signal in order to stay in sync with the stream of bits being read.)