Burning errors at the end

vbimport

Can anyone please help me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>
I have just replaced my 3 year-old burner Pioneer 216 because I have noticed a lot of burning errors.<o:p></o:p>
I bought a brand new Sony Optiarc 7280S but the problem has not been resolved. What on earth….??!!:sad:<o:p></o:p>
At the end position on the graph there is a huge number of disqualifying errors both PIF and PIE.<o:p></o:p>
I burn only verbatim DVD+ or DVD-<o:p></o:p>
I will be grateful for any answer
Best Regards

What burning program did you use and what speed did you use to burn the disk?

Try ImgBurn (free burning program) and do a couple of test burns at 8x and 12x.

Thank you for your quick reply

I used ImgBurn and burned at 8x and 12x.

This is an interesting case because verbatim DVD- seem to be more resiliant to the problem. However, again the overload of errors by the end is somewhat dazzling.

Is it a good burning?

Its not a spectacularly good burn, but acceptable. I’m not sure how good a scanner the 7280s is however, so you’ll have to wait for someone more familiar with the drive to comment on that.

The first scan is quite nasty, second one is not necessarily Hall of Fame but well within specs!

Could you do some Transfer Rate Tests as well and post the result graphs (especially of the first disc)? Also, you might wish to try some quality scans with 8x speed instead of 16x. Many users do not believe in high speed quality scanning.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2623036]The first scan is quite nasty, second one is not necessarily Hall of Fame but well within specs!

Could you do some Transfer Rate Tests as well and post the result graphs (especially of the first disc)? Also, you might wish to try some quality scans with 8x speed instead of 16x. Many users do not believe in high speed quality scanning.[/QUOTE]

kg_evilboy You are the MASTER. Thank You
It seems that quality scans done at 8x do not show errors at the end. So the problem probably is not with the quality of burning but with the ability to read at 16x by both Pioneer 216 and Sony 7280s.

They seem to have problems with reading final fragments of the DVD discs.

I am a little surprised that a new burner shows so many errors at quality scans done at 16x.

Is it typical?

I will be investigating this further.

Remember, that kind of “quality scans” are really not to be trusted because you’d really need expensive devices to perform trustworthy quality scans with.