Burning Error

vbimport

hi

please can some one help here I’m trying to find sloution for about 2 months and I hope I can find it here

I have used nero 7 and nero 8 but still give me the same messege when I burn DVD faild brning at 8x or 4x , and this happining for DVD only I can burn CD with no problem I’m using windows xp

:sad:

It would be nice let everyone know what DVD burner you have and what media you are using. You could be using a 2x DVD burner and some craptastic media for all we know.

@ DavyJones,

Welcome to the Forum.

Forum Member KTL is totally correct. Until you provide specific detailed Hardware/Media information Forum Members would only be guessing in the dark as to the exact cause of your problem.

The below requested information is only the very minimum information required. Any additional amplifying information will be beneficial in assisting Forum Members in analyzing your problem.

Provide in complete detail ->

The complete full-untruncated Error Narrative(s) and Error Code(s) generated by N e r o.

The Manufacture/Model Number/Firmware Version of your undisclosed DVD Burner.

The Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example: TYG02) of the specific blank Media used.

To obtain Manufacture/Model Number/Firmware Version of your DVD Burner and the Media MID(Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Media used use a software utility program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Regards,
bjkg

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bjkg;2080735]
Provide in complete detail ->

The complete full-untruncated Error Narrative(s) and Error Code(s) generated by N e r o.[/QUOTE]

I agree - a Nero Error Log would be great, as it will tell us plenty about what drive you have, what media you’re using, and how things are set up.

But please remember to remove your Nero serial number from the log before posting. :wink:

:o Thanks guys I will try to get thess information and I hope that slove my problem

but 1 more information I can give that I’m usinf the laptop Dell Inspiron 6400 I don’t if that can help more

but I will try to get more information

:slight_smile:

Laptop drives…they are usually picky burners.
Get better media.

this my system
System Information

Operating System Information

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Operating System Product ID 76477-OEM-0011903-00102
Operating System CD Key RCBF6-6KDMK-GD6GR-K6DP3-4C8MT
Operating System Version Version 5.1 (Build 2600)
Computer Name azeem-9d0e38bd2

BIOS Information

BIOS Date 06/13/07
BIOS String 1 DELL - 27d7060d
BIOS String 2 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A17

CPU (Processor) Information

CPU Speed (Calculated) 2.00GHz
CPU Type Genuine Intel® CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz
CPU (Processor) Family 6, Model 14, Stepping 8
Vendor Name Intel
CPU Features FPU, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, HTT, EST
Number of CPUs: 2
CPU 0 speed: (Registry) ~1995MHz
CPU 1 speed: (Registry) ~1995MHz
CPU L2 Cache Size 2048KB

Video Card Information

Video Version Hardware Version 0.0
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800

Network Information

Configured IP Address 127.0.0.1

Memory Information

Memory in use 25%
Total physical memory 1.99GB
Free available physical memory 1.48GB
Total paging file 3.84GB
Free available paging file 3.46GB
Total virtual memory 2.00GB
Free available virtual memory 1.96GB
Free extended memory 0.00GB

Drives Information

Drive C: free space 51.23GB
Drive D: free space 13.96GB

Optical Drives

Drive E: _NEC DVD±RW ND-6650A Firmware 102C
Drive F: HUAWEI Mass Storage Firmware 2.31

Other Drives

Drive C: TOSHIBA MK8032GSX Firmware AS11
Drive D: TOSHIBA MK8032GSX Firmware AS11

for dvd driver attached the image

@ DavyJones,

Re-Review posting #3 and provide ALL of the information requested in posting #3. Specific information you have omitted are “The complete full-untruncated Error Narrative(s) and Error Code(s) generated by N e r o” and “the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example: TYG02) of the specific blank Media used”. Also as requested by Forum Member Arachne in posting #4 provide an N e r o Log of a failed Burning attempt.

Perchance do you have any Virtual Drive software program(s) installed in your computer? If so suggest removing any Virtual Drive software program(s) and reboot and then attempt an N e r o Burn.

Also if possible explain in detail exactly what is occurring when an N e r o Burning attempt fails.

Your Dell ND-6650A DVD Burner currently has version 102C Firmware install and the newest most current up to date Firmware available is version 203D. Suggest visiting Dell and obtain and install the newer more current Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg

Thank you , for the help I have updated the driver and is working now

[QUOTE=DavyJones;2092284]Thank you , for the help [B]I have updated the driver[/B] and is working now[/QUOTE]

Driver is no firmware - you have updated the firmware I think…