Burning DVDs

Hi All!

Ok here is my problem when I download movies and burn them to a DVD they play fine in my playier but when I try to watch them in anybody else’s playier they dont work says disk error Now I have tried AVS DVDFAB Super DVD creator and Xilisoft DVD creator DVD santa and they all say the same thing disk error but if I use the standard Windows DVD creator they work in everybodys playier problem is that only gives you a 150 minutes and my movies are longer than that most of the time … Can someone please tell me whats the problem cause I dont know

What format are your downloads in?

some are in Divx and some are in AVI

And you are having problems with both?
BTW: AVI is simply a container, the files will probably be encoded with either divx or xvid.

Not sure about your apps, but try with AVStoDVD (my current favorite), FAVC, DVDFlick, all free…Or ConvertxtoDVD trialware…And for burning, I recommend the one and only Imgburn ,just be sure to use reliable media(i.e. Verbatims, TYs…

Yes haveing problems with both and ya your it is Xvid but I convert it to DVD format it makes no sence why windows can make it playable in every playier but other software cant and it says it can I check the box make it playable in other DVD playiers all its doing is encodeing it but with what ???

ok I have AVS converter and I have tried to burn to DVD and still wont play in other playiers I can try the other ones you have told me about

AVS Converter is not the same as AVStoDVD…However the converting part may or may not be the only factor…Could be the media you’re using, the burning SW and speed you’re burning , etc…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

I recommend AVStoDVD as well or DVD Flick.
But ImgBurn is definitely the only burning program in my book.

[QUOTE=cananot;2241338]Hi All!

Ok here is my problem when I download movies and burn them to a DVD they play fine in my playier but when I try to watch them in anybody else’s playier they dont work says disk error Now I have tried AVS DVDFAB Super DVD creator and Xilisoft DVD creator DVD santa and they all say the same thing disk error but if I use the standard Windows DVD creator they work in everybodys playier problem is that only gives you a 150 minutes and my movies are longer than that most of the time … Can someone please tell me whats the problem cause I dont know[/QUOTE]
:flower:
Use ConvertXtoDVDPortable it’s super easy and it works, " meaning it doesn’t do anything other then convert and burn!".
I watch my movies here or at my sons so it obviously works on other players.
you can’t watch a avi on a tv you need to convert it first.
Are you watching these on a computer or a T.V ?

Wrong!..Get a DivX/Xvid capable player…

Use ConvertXtoDVDPortable it’s super easy and it works… I watch my movies here or at my sons so it obviously works on other players.
Are you watching these on a computer or a T.V ?[/QUOTE]

Many of the newer standalone players are capable of playing Divx files as well as using consoles such as the PS3 or Xbox360.

Edit: Sorry t0nee1, you beat me to it :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2241381]Wrong!..Get a Divx/Xvid capable player…[/QUOTE]

really…well it’s never worked on a television…Do you have a new dvd player that decodes it?

I knew about the Xbox or PS ability to work with the tv as again my son has the setup.

No on a TV and I have a new DVD playier which plays everything but other people dont have a new DVD playier so thats why I convert them and doing ok but like I said windows only gives you 150minutes and that not enough besides it takes like 8 hours to convert it and burn it

Many of the newer standalone players are capable of playing Divx files as well as using consoles such as the PS3 or Xbox360.

:iagree:
Besides my Philips DVD/Divx Ultra certified player, I play from disc and stream AVIs as well as mp4s to my Xbox and PS3…

But back to-topic, @ OP, try the apps/tools mentioned and good luck!..

Yes Xbox 360 does play them but non of the older playiers do it just burns me that windows can make them all playable with cut away scens and music but no other programs but Im gonna try what programs you all told me about and see if that works if not you all be the second to know

Thanks for all your inputs hope it works

[QUOTE=cananot;2241391]No on a TV and I have a new DVD playier which plays everything but other people dont have a new DVD playier so thats why I convert them and doing ok but like I said windows only gives you 150minutes and that not enough besides it takes like 8 hours to convert it and burn it[/QUOTE]

Yeah my DVD Player won’t play them either, but I have a ps3 so no worries. But I think that if you try one of the programs that t0nee1 suggested (or actually a compilation of them ie. AVStoDVD and ImgBurn) then hopefully your problem will be solved.

OK well I have tried the IMGBurn and the AVStoDVD and it plays in the old dvd playiers problem is the color is all messed up all static like but it plays fine in the new playiers… So do I have a setting off? or should one be turned on or something? I have not playied with the settings in either program you have all been so helpfull so I ask you all again what could be the problem