Burning DVD's with Sonic

Hello,
Everytime I try to burn a DVD with Sonic, I get a DMA conflict. The drive is a SONY DVD RW DW-U18A with a firmware v. UYS1. The DMA msg appears just when I open up the Sonic app. I also have NERO installed, and some other CDFreaks links have recommended that the NERO app be uninstalled because NERO and SONIC don’t play well. At first I believed that it was the media, (we were using 16x DVD media). But now, I’m leaning towards SONIC\NERO as the culprit.

Welcome to CDF.

Generally the only way that Nero conflicts with othe rburning apps is when it’s InCD is installed & the other app has something similar like Sonic’s DLA. Otherwise you can install all manner of burning apps - as I do - without issue.

Maybe I’ll try using the DMA reset tool and see if it helps.
Symptoms: When I launch the SONIC software, the app freezes my machine entirely and I get a DMA error. The only way to resolve is to reboot the pc.

Precisely what piece of Sonic software are you using, and version number?

I have Sonic MyDVD v 6.1

I guess from this you can create either the folders or an ISO image. If you can try burning with ImgBurn & see if that works. Nothing helpful on the Sonic website about this I’m afraid.

ImgBurn would be my preferred burning app anyway.