Burning DVDs of TV Shows

I have a Pinnacle PCTV capture card and have had it about a year now. I have the ability to burn my TV shows that I capture in DVD compatible MPG to DVD+/-RW. I have been using my expensive burning software (Sony DVD Architect) to burn them to DVD, and I was wondering if there is a cheap or free alternative to this. All I want is to burn the MPG file as a first and only play to a DVD so I can watch it on my set-top player. Is there a fast authoring software out there that doesn’t have many options–just burns the file as a DVD. I’ve tried using Nero Vision–too slow.

A couple of options that would be nice–the ability to split MPG files over more than one DVD–and automatic chapter find (for commercial skip). I know how to do it, I just want a quicker way for it. Thanks for the help.

J.D.

The only issue I imagine that you’ll run into is to find a free MPEG-2 encoder and authoring software for Windows.
//Danne

If your capturing to dvd compliant MPG files, then just author them in DVDLab (free 30 day demo available), add menus, chapters, etc. and can even burn it for you if you wish. Should all be done under 30min including the burning.