Burning DVD's - No Audio

Im a newbie to burning dvds… I use the following software

DVD Decrypter - so I can make copies of my current dvds that I own
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 - To create a dvd file so I can burn
DVD Shrink - To compress the DVD so that It will fit on a standard blank DVD

After using the decrypter I gives me two folders for video files and audio files… the audio file folder is always empty when I try to play the dvd files on roxio it plays the video but i dont hear any sound… any ideas to what im doing wrong… nothing wrong with the sound on my laptop so its not that… i havent actually burned the dvds cuz im still waiting to get some blank ones… but im sure it wont work cuz it doesnt work when im playing it back on the laptop…

:confused:

Try playing them with something else ( i.e. VLC or Media Player Classic…
Are you sure Roxio, created a proper DVD with sound?..

First, The audio folder is always empty, its just there for DVD players that expect to see an audio_ts folder to play the DVD.
Next, when you try to play the DVD files, are you pointing Roxio at the movie folder containing all the files, or selecting a file from the video_TS folder? You want to open the whole movie, not just a file.
Try using IMGburn to burn from Shrink. They play well together.

You don’t need Roxio, the output from Dvd Decrypter should open up in Dvd Shrink with no problem. You can also preview the file in Dvd Shrink, which can also create either an ISO image file or AUDIO/VIDEO_TS file to burn. Here is an option for you, all free. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Posts #77 & #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

[QUOTE=bagman67;2236752]Im a newbie to burning dvds… I use the following software

DVD Decrypter - so I can make copies of my current dvds that I own
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 - To create a dvd file so I can burn
DVD Shrink - To compress the DVD so that It will fit on a standard blank DVD

After using the decrypter I gives me two folders for video files and audio files… the audio file folder is always empty when I try to play the dvd files on roxio it plays the video but i dont hear any sound… any ideas to what im doing wrong… nothing wrong with the sound on my laptop so its not that…[B] i havent actually burned the dvds cuz im still waiting to get some blank ones… but im sure it wont work cuz it doesnt work when im playing it back on the laptop…[/B]

:confused:[/QUOTE]
Might simply be an AC3 problem. I always install this:

http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter

I think [B]MysticEyes[/B] hit the nail on the head.
ac3filter.
Other than that you do not need Roxio
DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, ImgBurn that is all.
Later you may need DVD Fab Decryptor or AnyDVD instead of Decryptor, because that one is kind of old.