Burning DVD9 to DVD5

Hi, I guess this is the best place for this post.

Does anyone know if there is there any technique or pice of software which would allow a DVD 9 game to be backed up onto two DVD5’s, and have them extract and install properly? In the same kinda way that games on mutiple CD’s do.

For DVD9 Movies, yes you can but for game data, I don’t think you can unless you know how to rip out the intro and other unnecessary stuffs that doesn’t affect the game play. No softwares out there can detect those for you

if you still have the original disc, you can use clonedvd2 to burn it to 1 a DVD5 disc or you can use it to split the disc in to to burn to 2 DVD5 disc’s.

if you have to seperate files in your HDD, you could try imgburn

you can split into 2 discs if and only if your game does not require the original disc to play. But I doubt it will work since most new games are copy protected one way or the other

Do you need burn as data?, I would recommend split with Winrar in size of DVD5, burn and then join again.

[QUOTE=Xander2061;1971919]Hi, I guess this is the best place for this post.

Does anyone know if there is there any technique or pice of software which would allow a [B]DVD 9 game to be backed up onto two DVD5’s[/B], and have them extract and install properly? In the same kinda way that games on mutiple CD’s do.[/QUOTE]

You cannot create working backups that way. To just backup the content it could work, but not for a working backup!