Burning dvd

when i download a move from a torrent, it burns on the dvd as two files an audio and video… when i try to make a copy of that dvd, i cannot do it with a program like clone dvd. what is the best software to use?

Most movies that can be downloaded on the torrents are not legal, and therefore off limits for us to discuss here. We try to give members the benefit of a doubt on such things however, so lets assume you have a legal one for the moment.

Most movies on torrents are contained in one file, usually in avi format. I’m not sure what you have, unless you are talking about the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders seen in dvd-video.

CloneDVD should be able to handle dvd-video unless the download was corrupted. Does the movie play correctly on your computer or from the disk you burned?

I’m afraid we won’t be able to help much without knowing more about the file. And if the file is an illegal one, that will cause this thread to be shut down. So, we are at something of an impasse.

Yes, it has a Video_TS and Audio_TS folders which Clone dvd does not handle. Or at least I am unsure how to do it… It does play correctly on my pc and on my dvd player.

Since the movie can fit onto a blank dvd without compression, you don’t need to use CloneDVD to burn to a disk. You can burn it straight from the hard drive, or from your 1st disk using ImgBurn. (faster to burn from the hard drive). ImgBurn is free to download and use. www.imgburn.com

Follow this guide for burning dvd-video to a single layer disk using ImgBurn: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

Thanks so much…I’ll give it a try

well, i tried imgburn but it came out as an unsupported file format… i downloaded the movie file from utorrent and still cannot burn on anything but xilisoft. But xilisoft does not allow me to copy from one disk to another… any suggestions?

[QUOTE=miss40i;2480419]well, i tried imgburn but it came out as an unsupported file format… i downloaded the movie file from utorrent and still cannot burn on anything but xilisoft. But xilisoft does not allow me to copy from one disk to another… any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Try CDBurner XP. It’s free and allows you to copy discs.

http://cdburnerxp.se/

Wyman

ok, thanks, i will give it a try…

@miss40i , What are the file types in the VIDEO_TS folder ?
Some of them must not be standard DVD compliant format.
This is why CloneDVD & ImgBurn are giving the errors.
Just to make sure you did read the guide in Kerry56’s link ?
I ask because ImgBurn gives this warning in Write mode if the file is not an .iso.
You need to use Build mode.