Burning DVD

vbimport

Hi new to the forum and I have a problem if anyone can advise. Using XP on a P4 pc for some time with no problems I decided to upgrade and have a Quad Core all bells and whistles anyhow using DVD shrink and Nero I can not burn any DVD. It plays fine on my pc but not my “house” dvd player. I know my player is okay because it will play all other DVD’s but not the ones I burn with my new PC??!!!

Is this a software issue? Can anyone advise on proven software using Vista 32 bit?

Cheers

Davva

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

First thing I would suggest is that you check that the new discs are being finalised.

Can you tell us what is your burner in the new PC?

Can you also post here what discs are you using exactly? And at what speed did you burn? :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for your reply, I am not sure how to finalise the disks using DVD Shrink 3.2. There is nothing in the settings it just uses NERO to burn the disks.

Re the media it is a make I have always used with no previous problem Sun Vision Gold top.

My burner is OPTIARC seem okay Sata

Can you recommend a good all in one piece of software for burning and do you think this might be my issue with DVD Shrink I know this is an old programme?

Cheers

Hi and thanks for your reply, I am not sure how to finalise the disks using DVD Shrink 3.2. There is nothing in the settings it just uses NERO to burn the disks.

Re the media it is a make I have always used with no previous problem Sun Vision Gold top.

My burner is OPTIARC seem okay Sata

Can you recommend a good all in one piece of software for burning and do you think this might be my issue with DVD Shrink I know this is an old programme?

Cheers

My suggestion is to use the following method.

Use DVD Shrink to save an ISO file on your hard disc. Then use any burning software you like to burn the ISo on a disc. My suggestion is ImgBurn, but as I said any burning software you like is good :slight_smile:

I also suggest to buy better discs. I never heard about the ones you mentioned, but I’m sure that are low quality media. I suggest to use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs (the very best available in the market at the moment): this should solve completely any issue :slight_smile:

I will try your suggestion - Thanks for your time.

Davva