Burning DVD with NERO..Help!

Dear Forum Users,

I am using Nero Start Smart to burn DVDs. I first use DVD Shrink and later burn it on to a empty media.

For the last few weeks, I have been having a heap of problems causing me to lose a heap of media.

Can someone offer some advise???

Problems:

1. After burning the DVD, the DVD will not play.

2. After burning the DVD, the movie sometimes has funny looking pixels or the sound goes a little strange.

I hope someone can help. Please email me if you have any advise…
lanceheng@bigpond.com

Thanks so much!!!

p.s. I burnt a two disc movie. After shrinking both movies, I burn each of them on to discs. One worked fine and the other wasted 3 disc. In regards to the ones that did not work, the burning process was done at 2 x and after a simulation, the process completed successfully. But it just won’t play. Is the shrinking a problem or the burning software???

Either the dvd media are poor or your dvd player has problems.
If the dvd recorder itself cant read what it writes, then len cleaning maybe required, or else it is going for a hardware failure.

I believe the most possible cause is poor media. Try other brand or burn at lower speeds.

See also my other post:General guidelines to problem solving.

I am using AKAI Hi-Quality DVD-R disc and I just bought a spindle of Princo disc. Any advise regarding the media or maybe changing the software for shrinking or burning the DVD??

Lance.

Princo media is usually somewhere between low quality and coasters from new.

The Akai stuff - no idea what that will be. A tool like DVDINFOPro will allow you to discover the media code, which will give us a much better idea what you’ve actually got.

Verbatim 4x or 8x media tends to be of pretty uniform reliability and may be a good choice.

David

Send as a Nero error log or run nero info tool and press the disc icon to save all the information as a text file, then copy paste the text here. I will see how your system is setup and tell you what media to use or what ther problems may be.

PS. Nero info tool gives a lot of info about 45kb in text file. Probably you cant post that info here, maybe you could send a private message in this forum where you could attach the file.

And yes as DavidW says verbatim is in the recommended list of most dvd recorder manufacturers.

I have installed the DVDINFO software, but am not sure what I am supposed to do. Also regarding the advise on sending error log…I’m also not quite sure. When it comes to things like this, I am not the brightest on two legs.

I was taught on to shrink and burn DVDs by a friend, but that person is no longer here and I am struggling to interpret the help you guys guys are offering.

Any chance of either offering information step by step or give it to me in lay person’s language. I am so sorry, but I am not sure!!

Thanks so much guys!!

Identifying media in DVDINFOPro - you insert the disc, make sure the drive is selected (it must be a writer for that type of media), and press the media button. Copy and paste the results here.

A Nero log - following a write, there’ll be a Save Log… button near the Close button. Press Save Log… and save the file. Load the file into a text editor, delete the top two or three lines (which contain names and your Nero serial number) and copy and paste the rest into a reply. Even though the burn worked, the log reveals all manner of information about your setup.

David

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID MXL RG01
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name KATH___KIM_II_2
Application id
Implementation id AHEAD Nero
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 4/21/2004 19:19:59
Format Capacity 4.35GB(4.67GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 2.0x 2770KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 1.0x 1385KBps
Write Strategy Speed 1.0x 1385KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22C62Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

For this disc, it plays the Village Roadshow logo and than stops. Nothing else happens after that.

Drive - PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
Media ID Code - MXLRG01
Media Type - DVD-R
Read Error list

1. Error - LBA = 0019b410h
  2. Error - LBA = 0019b411h
  3. Error - LBA = 0019b412h
  4. Error - LBA = 0019b413h
  5. Error - LBA = 0019b414h
  6. Error - LBA = 0019f380h
  7. Error - LBA = 0019f381h
  8. Error - LBA = 0019f3c0h
  9. Error - LBA = 0019f920h
  10. Error - LBA = 001a12b0h
  11. Error - LBA = 001a1330h
  12. Error - LBA = 001a1331h
  13. Error - LBA = 001a1332h
  14. Error - LBA = 001a1333h
  15. Error - LBA = 001a1334h
  16. Error - LBA = 001a1335h
  17. Error - LBA = 001a1760h
  18. Error - LBA = 001a1761h
  19. Error - LBA = 001a1bd0h
  20. Error - LBA = 001a1bd1h

Ran an error test and this appeared. Not sure what that means.

I have been using Nero Smart Start to burn dvd’s from downloaded T.V. shows. Is there any way to edit out small portions of programs and burn them all together on a dvd? Like a best of dvd of one particular character?