Burning DVD With Laptop

vbimport

My burner is not getting super hot or warm or anything, but how long should I let it cool down before burning another DVD, or is that even necessary? Thanks for your help guys & gals.

@ Robert De Niro,

If heat is a concern with your LapTop Computer suggest one of the numerous LapTop Computer coolers that are available.

Regards,
bjkg

@Robert De Niro

I don’t knwo what’s the aim of the question. Do you think your Notebook will “overheat” (CPU, HDD,…) or do you think the burner will overheat if you burn one disk after the other for a longer period?

Basically there is an possibility of overheating a CD/DVD brive by using it. I converted my CD collection to MP3 and my CD Burner was really HOT. This is as far as I know normal, CD and DVD drives are not designed for a 24h / 365 day usage with no pause. This is by design.
When I remember correct CDex or was it EAC has a feature that makes after ripping a specified number of CDs a break to cool down the drive.

But if you are burning 3 or 4 disks with no break there should be no problem, I did it with my Samsung P35 Notebook and with my Plextir drives also. I did not burn CDs or DVD for hours and hours.

@bjkg

This cooling devices are not very effective since only the outer case of the notebook will be cooled. I know there are people saying there is nothing better for a Notebook to cool it down, but in my opinion it is waste of money. It is more effective to open the Notebook and clean the fan and heatsink in case the Notebook is getting too hot. A lot of dust will be in the heatsink and at the fan and the cooling is therefore not very efficient.

I tried a cooler once…it raised the angle and blew with 2 fans.

It lowered my laptop´s temp about 1°C

I took the thing back and got a refund.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=TM;2008756]@Robert De Niro

I don’t knwo what’s the aim of the question. Do you think your Notebook will “overheat” (CPU, HDD,…) or do you think the burner will overheat if you burn one disk after the other for a longer period?[/QUOTE]I was just concerned with heat in general, I just bought this new laptop and never had one before. I did cycle my battery, I did know about that, heh.

Thank you all for your replies and input, it is very much appreciated everyone.

I would ask the manufacturer of your laptop. They know the product best and would probably be able to answer your question in seconds.