Burning DVD with Ashampoo

vbimport

Hey There…I’m totally new, so hope I’m in the right area.
I have just spent a couple hours attempting to burn a bunch of files (jpgs) onto a DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio; it’s the free download, think #6. Anyway, it appears that it burned onto the DVD, but when I go to play it, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in My Computer (on the drive); my husband tried it on his computer, same thing. We can play DVD movies on our computers, but not this disc. The disc appears to look like it’s been burned, you can see where it’s been burned, but why am I not able to view it?
Could it be that it doesn’t show the jpgs? There are only pictures, no music, no videos or anything else.
Any suggestions? I’m not real computer savy, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Harley Babe

well i would try using ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com , it’s free, set it to MODE > BUILD) and see if that helps.

also, if your burning a DVD disc… i would recommend burning it @ 8x for quality reasons … my guess is you burned @ 16x which is generally not recommended if your concerned with quality of the burn.

p.s. also might not be a bad idea to uninstall all your burning software (or most of it especially if u got many burning programs on your pc) prior to installing ImgBurn to help avoid any potential conflicts.

[QUOTE=HarleyBabe;2184334]Hey There…I’m totally new, so hope I’m in the right area.
I have just spent a couple hours attempting to burn a bunch of files (jpgs) onto a DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio; it’s the free download, think #6. Anyway, it appears that it burned onto the DVD, but when I go to play it, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in My Computer (on the drive); my husband tried it on his computer, same thing. We can play DVD movies on our computers, but not this disc. The disc appears to look like it’s been burned, you can see where it’s been burned, but why am I not able to view it?
Could it be that it doesn’t show the jpgs? There are only pictures, no music, no videos or anything else.
Any suggestions? I’m not real computer savy, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Harley Babe[/QUOTE]

Key words… “when I try to play it”.

Burning jpeg’s onto a disc does not guarantee that you’ll be able to use slide show software, or something like that to view them. To the software, it is just data. Usually one would use some kind of software to set it up to be a picture slide show viewing disc.

Now what’s weird, is that it shows up blank in My Computer. And so, I would check to see if it tells you that the “drive is empty”, or if it appears to read and just shows it as blank.

I would try what the other person suggested and see if another package will do the trick, such as ImgBurn, which is free. You can also try CDBurnerXP.

I know this doesn’t help much, but it could have just been a bad disc, or even a bad batch of discs. Is this a new stack (rhetorical question)?

Also, what type of disc are using?