Burning DVD+r

I see a lot of posts where people are saying they have so much trouble burning movies to DVD-R…I do perfect with DVD-R…and will continue to do so…my problem is that my sister gave me two (2) 100 sleeves of DVD+R for my birthday and I cannot for the life of me either burn some things, or if they do burn, cannot play on DVD…what good are the damn things? Cannot return them, Circuit City is no longer in business…so, guess I am stuck with them for photo’s and data…thanks

What make and model burner do you have? What are the mid codes on the +R disks you have been given? You can check the mid codes with DVDIdentifier or Nero CD/DVD Speed (Disc Info tab).

It may be possible to bitset the +R disks and make them appear to be DVDRom’s to your player, thus increasing compatibility, but we have to know make and model burner.

Updating firmware for your drive is another possibility.

Your poblem could be that your DVD player cannot play DVD+R media here is a link about bitsetting/booktyping to DVD-ROM
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Increased-compatibility-DVD-bitsetting/
You can download and use Imgburn to set your drive to bitset/booktype if you not know how already.

[B]Gosh, first day in here…and you guys are super!! Will run that one identify program, but burning a movie right now. :slight_smile: I cop out pretty easy…so just may say to heck with it…store the two sleeves away and let them collect dust. Like I said, NO problems with DVD-R…and I run about 20 movies a month, has become really addictive…and soon will probably be seeing how much money I can shell out to start buying all the stuff I need for Blu-Ray burning…have to make use of my new Sony Bravio 42"…and already have the top of line Blu_Ray player…I am sure I will be in here a lot asking many stupid questions…:iagree: Like I said, you guys are great…thanks again…will let you know on this other stuff soon…[/B]

[QUOTE=GJ;2227975]Your poblem could be that your DVD player cannot play DVD+R media here is a link about bitsetting/booktyping to DVD-ROM
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Increased-compatibility-DVD-bitsetting/
You can download and use Imgburn to set your drive to bitset/booktype if you not know how already.[/QUOTE]