Burning DVD-R DL

vbimport

Hi there - World. I have a MacBook Pro which has a MATSHITADVD-R. Disc Burning = DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL.
I would like to know if I can burn both DVD-R DL disks as well as DVD+R DL disks or only the former. Thanks so much in advance. :confused:

Welcome to clubCDfreaks Gromex10 :smiley:

The quality of DVD+RDL is much better than DVD-RDL, also there is a higher degree of error correction built into the +R version. Also when burning a DL disc make sure you have good software to do the job. I don’t know if Imgburn has a mac version but I would check if I were you. Also when you buy +RDL discs ALWAYS buy the Verbatim brand. I knew better and I foolishly decided to buy a bunch of memorex +RDL’s and some of them suck. Also make sure your dvd burner has the latest firmware loaded prior to burning your discs.
good luck :stuck_out_tongue:

Only Verbatim DL would work!

Stating [B]only[/B] any one particular company will work is eliminating anything outside its subset of competitors and imo is seen as wrong.

[quote=gromex10;2052368]Hi there - World. I have a MacBook Pro which has a MATSHITADVD-R. Disc Burning = DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL.
I would like to know if I can burn both DVD-R DL disks as well as DVD+R DL disks or only the former. Thanks so much in advance. :confused:[/quote]

Verbatim, undoubtedly is one of the better DL contenders as seen over and over. You must keep in mind many other factors are at play. I would try different encoding’s which are done by different software as my initial troubleshooting steps. One example of why, and thsi happened to me, while making a backup of “Troy” I used DVDShrink. It kept failing to play on any DVD player I tried. Then I tried to use CloneDVD and voila, it worked almost anywhere. However, my faulty playable copies all played in my PC DVD-ROM.

Further, bear in mind some DVD players, current or older, simply will be picky and possibly not play DL media… just nothing you can do about it.

Also, lastly, try playing with the speed at which you burn these at, try slower or faster, I know this worked for audio when results were choppy when raising volume, maybe as a shot in the dark try that although it should ideally have no impact.

Let us know how it goes and if anything you tried resolved the issue, might help others out as well.