Burning DVD+R DL on NEC 2510A with Nero 6

vbimport

Hi,
I’ve never burnt DVD+R DL media before, and I’ve just flashed my 2500 to a 2510 and have a few large image files that I need to burn, so I also just bought a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc, so I’d like to know if there’re any differences between burning regular single layer DVDs and dual layer DVDs? Is it the same procedure(drag and drop)?

Thanks!

If by image files you mean ISO , NRG etc then the best bet would be to use ImgBurn rather than Nero.
Find it @ www.imgburn.com.

I’d never use Nero for this.

I also have Daemon tools and Alcohol 120% if that helps. Do I have to install ImgBurn?
Anyway, since the image file isn’t a full 8.5GB I was thinking of extracting the contents and burning it as regular files. Would Nero work for that?

Depends what the contents of the image are really.

Just avi/mpeg files. I’m just burning them as raw data.

Then I guess it really doesn’t matter too much what you do with them.

Try mounting the image on a virtual drive and burning a data dvd with Nero.

To be honest I don’t know who Nero will deal with it as I’ve only really been concerned with the layer break on DVD Videos.

Hmm, I’m not quite sure I follow you. So you’re saying I should mount the image on a virtual drive, then drag and drop that virtual drive/directory into Nero, along with whatever else I want to burn, and burn that like I would burn a regular single layer DVD?

I was also concerned about the layer break, and if there’s anything I need to take note of.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Trouble is I’ve no experience of burning DL data discs so I don’t know what might happen.