Burning DVD problem

vbimport

Hi
this is my first post here and hope I will find a solution
I have new LG dvd writer on windows 7
I can burn on normal CDs and DVD-R but not on DVD+R DL
worked only once and burn the vob file then stop I don’t know what to do I used :
Nero 9
Ashampoo Burning Studio 9
ConvertXtoDVD 4
and always get the same problem here is some pics

ConvertXtoDVD 4

I tried to download a firmware but I can’t click on update

please anyone could help :bow:

Thanks

Are you trying to burn a DVD movie?
I use DVDFab to record the movie, choosing DVD9 (dual layer)
Using DVDFab is copy to an ISO file.

After the ISO file is recorded, I have the option of recording with DVDFab,
or if you are using windows 7, if you click on the file you will have the option of recording the ISO file without using Nero 9 or DVDFab.
Windows 7 has the option of recording the ISO file to your DVD burner.
I have had no trouble recording DVD+R DL like this

Armand Robert acr3@vianet.ca

Hi thank you so much for your reply
what’s the ISO ? sorry I’m new in this
can I burn the ISO and then play the movie on the DVD player ?

First of all, I hope you are using Verbatim DL discs, ask around, they are the only reliable DL media out there. I assume that you have already ripped the DVD to your HD. Try Imgburn, the best burning software and it’s free. Get it here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn
Set it for DVD9 and burn at 4x-6x (no matter what your drive says it will do).

I’m using imation used around 9 dvd until now and nothing works

Imation is pretty bad media, so that could be your problem right there. DL media is very finicky to begin with, even Verbs at times. Never buy cheap media, in the long run it is more expensive due to failures and it’s a waste of time as well, not to mention the aggravation. I only use TY or Verbs. You’ve got nothing to lose so try another using Imgburn to burn.

could you please point me to where can I set it for DVD9
and it will work in any dvd player ?

Thanks

[QUOTE=orphen;2501711]could you please point me to where can I set it for DVD9
and it will work in any dvd player ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Imgburn will recognize your media as DVD9 once you put the blank in. Click “Device” and set the write speed for 4x 0r 6x.

now I’m getting this:confused:

[QUOTE=orphen;2501716]now I’m getting this:confused:
http://i43.tinypic.com/6o0ac4.jpg[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried to do a quick research on this error. Most people suggest it is a cheap media error, plus you have the write speed at Max. Set it to 4x and try to get some Verbatim DL media. I’ll try to search some more tomorrow when I get out of work to see if there are any other suggestions. One guy said that a firmware update fixed the problem for him, so make sure you have the latest FW for your LG.

I have the firmware but can’t update

how can I click on the update ?

I will buy Verbatim today hope it willwork

thanks for your reply

This is a laptops drive i guess, i also guess that your firmware is for a different drive.
Your drive has [B]CH02[/B] and you are trying to update to [B]CW03[/B] so first try at looking at the manufacturers site to see if the had an official firmware update.

Wrong and crappo DL media used and also the tried firmware is not suitable for your burner!

[QUOTE=vroom;2501774]This is a laptops drive i guess, i also guess that your firmware is for a different drive.
Your drive has [B]CH02[/B] and you are trying to update to [B]CW03[/B] so first try at looking at the manufacturers site to see if the had an official firmware update.[/QUOTE]

Hi
yes this is a laptops drive
I tried to search herebut no luck
should I search for update to CH02 ??
really I don’t know about these things I download the CW03 cause I click on the firmware update here

and that’s what I got ( CW03)

EDIT
it’s the same firmware
LG GT20N Firmware v.CW03 check here

Again, this firmware is NOT for your drive!

You have an OEM drive and need the correct firmware from the manufacturer of your Laptop!!

could you please tell me how to find out which firmware I should download ?
my Lpatop is LG and the driver LG GT20N
Thanks

Usually all the manufacturers have a section about the update of their products, so you probably need to find your laptop and then see if LG has an update version for the firmware, but i wont be surprised if LG hasn’t got any new version.

ok when I go to LG web should I search for GT20N ?
cause I only found GT10N

First find the model of the laptop, then see if LG has any updates for that model, and is it has there might be an update for your drive, but lg is known for not releasing very frequently firmware updates.

I go to Start:
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Information
is that right ?
system model : R480-K.ARD8BE1
system type: X86-based PC