Burning dvd movies *.vob files

I am having burning dvd movies onto dvd+r. I used roxio, dvdshrink, pinnacle studio 8. All have the same result the dvd player recgonize it as a dvd but thats it. Screen shows no movie or title screen ( I have and apex and a cyberhome same result). The only program that works is TMPGEnc DVD Author. it works on both players. I have had some success with dvd+rw using the other software.

Does any have a solution for this problem. I’m using firmware 1.04:confused:

I would suggest using NERO burn to burn your dvds. Roxio is not a great program to use to burn DVD’s. Check out this other website for help.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

How are you backing up the dvds? Need more specific info.

I’ve used roxio, nero, dvdshrink. Look at the original post only one program has worked.

why?

Thanks but that ain’t it:confused:

diane57 wrote:

I am having burning dvd movies onto dvd+r. I used roxio, dvdshrink, pinnacle studio 8. All have the same result the dvd player recgonize it as a dvd but thats it. Screen shows no movie or title screen ( I have and apex and a cyberhome same result). The only program that works is TMPGEnc DVD Author. it works on both players. I have had some success with dvd+rw using the other software.

In your first post you didn’t mention NERO that is why I suggested it. I recall someone else having the same problem as you with regard to using pinnacle with roxio and nero.
Try using this site: www.dvdrhelp.co
It sounds like your problem could be with the brand of media you’re using. What brand of dvd media are you using? I’ve found in my experience it is best to use the "RECOMMENDED DVD MEDIA that PLEXTOR supports. All though Plextor has a “COMPATIBILITY” chart for other brands of media some of them don’t work.

http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_708.html
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_708Compatible.htm

A small addition: try burning your DVDs with CloneDVD. I use this software for pretty much all DVDs I burn and it works perfectly with my Plextor drive. As DVD_ADDICT already mentioned, it could be a media problem. Did you use the same media with all these software packages? Maybe your player cannot read certain media. Check out the site DVD_ADDICT mentioned for more information on your DVD player.

sorry forget to mention nero. I’ve burned 15 James bond movies using TMPGEnc DVD Author all work great. I’ve used the same media on all which is imation 4x DVD+r but is not listed on plextor chart the only way the other programs work is with ritek DVD+rw.
downloading clone CD now but that doesn’t seem to make movies fit on 1 DVD or does it.

Is the plextor drive that picky on media

thanks
gary

Yes the Plextor is picky on Media, but so are other brands of burners. There is a reason for the recommended brands of media, on Plextor web site, CUZ they work, most of the time.

I use DVD Shrink for compressing my backup videos on to one disk. I actually rip first with DVD Decrypter and then anaylze, Reauthor, and compress with DVD Shrink. Both these programs are freeware and can be downloaded at various sites. Just follow the names. DVD Shrink is an amazing program and it is fun to use.
Also, DVD Shrink will also rip the files, but I use DVD Decrypter because I like the way the program is set up.

Originally posted by diane57
downloading clone CD now but that doesn’t seem to make movies fit on 1 DVD or does it.
Nope, CloneCD cannot copy or even handle DVD discs. That’s why I said CloneDVD :wink: This software is a transcoder with a built-in burn engine. It can compress and re-author DVD movies just as DVD Shrink can. I prefer CloneDVD because of its burn engine. Quality wise both programs are good IMO.

g@m3fr3@k, I did download the right one. Steelly what kind of media are you using dvd shrink. It does good job on my dvd+rw
(ritek)

thanks for all your help

I use Ritek DVD-R G04 bought at Meritline.com. I have had great results with this cheap media (79 cents a piece). Its silver on top with the purple dye. I als use Verbatim DVD+R for data files only, it burns at 8x.
I don’t mind burning at 4x; I could care less if it takes 15 minutes instead of 8 minutes. I use DVD-R because of compatiability. I have a few friends who borrow movies and DVD+R won’t work, besides DVD-R are cheaper than DVD+R.

Thanks for all your help. I’ll try all your suggestions.

Gary

thry too rip and compres with dvd shrink and burn with record now dx works wery well for mee
bata