Burning DVD from hard drive and convert from PAL to NTSC

vbimport

I am trying to change a DVD that I downloaded from PAL to NTSC. I’ve done weeks of research on the internet and this site, and cannot seem to find a feasible solution to my problem.

I have tried IFOEDIT unsuccessfully. It gave errors everytime I clicked on the VTS Sector. I’ve also tried Roxio MyDVD9, but it doesn’t support AC3, so that’s not a solution either. Additionally, I’ used DVD Decrypter to remove copyright protection and that part works.

Other programs I’ve tried are DVD Shrink, pgc?, and pulldown? (can’t remember the names as I’ve tried so many). I even tried Super(by erightsoft) for converting the files. BTW, DVD Shrink gave me errors too about index being out of order, and I didn’t know how to fix that.

I tried convertX2DVD but got an error about base index.

The most success I’ve had is using Procoder 3. With Procoder 3, I managed to get the disc converted, burned it with ImgBurn, and it played in my NTSC only standalone player. However, the sound was extremely low and in monoral(?not stereo), and there was a vertical line on the left side of the picture.

Procoder 3 has little instructions. There are things that I can’t figure out…

1. How to keep my DVD menus to jump to
  2. How to get back all VOB files in 1 directory (Procoder creates several VIDEO_TS directories) I use the NTSC (VOB) in Procoder
  3. What video files to load? - loading VTS_01.0.VOB (which is my main menu with sound) doesn’t want to load as a source file

I’m stumped. I’d really appreciate if someone could help and offer suggestions other than comment to get a dvd player that plays PAL.

Also, note that I used a DVD-RW and that type of disc plays fine in my Magnavox MSD804 combo player.

I have tried using AVS Video Converter 6.0 and it works, but the resolution is not as good as it should be. I just got a copy of ProCoder 3 and I am having the same issue, it is not user friendly.

Check out the guides here:
http://www.videohelp.com/guides?howtoselect=4%3b41#4;41

There should be something that works for you.

Sláinte

midders

I have tried IFOEDIT unsuccessfully.

Ifoedit doesn’t convert anyway.

used DVD Decrypter to remove copyright protection

Downloaded movies have no protection.

BTW, DVD Shrink gave me errors too about index being out of order

Now we are getting somewhere, you have a bad download/conversion/rip. There is a structure problem. Try FixVTS. Then see if Shrink will accept the movie. If it does reauthor as ‘Movie Only’ then open the VIDEO_TS.IFO in ConvertX.

1. How to keep my DVD menus to jump to

Forget the menus, or make your own.

However, the sound was extremely low

ConvertX will allow you to boost the audio. Also check the video resizing options as sometimes you’ll have to tweak them to maintain the proper AR.