Burning DVD from an Image File (Iso)

[QUOTE=signals;2166046]This is not a universal “quirk” and does not happen for all blank media/drives/systems/content/firmware versions; that is why it is not in the tutorial.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Thanks.

Hi

I m Fabrice from http://www.vso-software.frVSO, which provides the burning SDK.
If you have any trouble with the burning SDK and if you have a live account such MSN or Yahoo or Skype, please contact me in private message and I will review your case personnally.
I can’t really enter the discussion as there are a lot of things to check and read, and also because we have maybe already fixed the problem with our own latest burning SDK dll. but if you have still the problems please contact me.

Troy512 said :
VSO has problems currently [ many months ] finalizing in certain cases. please be patient. in the mean time please use ImgBurn the Ultimate Image Burner.

well, I disagree, for now, I don’t have pending request and details of a problem we could consider to be software relative. if nobody contacts us ( and we have our own support requests from our own products to cross the results ) , it will not progress at all.

it is just a matter of few minutes, at least to check if we could reproduce a problem.
Be aware that ImgBurn can also use the patin-couffin drivers
also some 3rd party may have some conflicts and that’s why a live review is the fastest way to confirm a problem.

I am very happy with my recently downloaded [B]ImgBurn[/B].

It is working perfectly for me and ImgBurn allows me to burn DL DVD+Rs with seemless layer changes.

I’ll continue to use DVDFab to Clone my DVDs to Image Files. But ImgBurn is my burning software for now on.

[QUOTE=lapinou;2166707]
Troy512 said :
VSO has problems currently [ many months ] finalizing in certain cases. please be patient. in the mean time please use ImgBurn the Ultimate Image Burner.

well, I disagree, for now, I don’t have pending request and details of a problem we could consider to be software relative. if nobody contacts us ( and we have our own support requests from our own products to cross the results ) , it will not progress at all.
[/QUOTE]
I, for one, agree with Troy. There have been many user posts re: problems with finalization/failed burns when using Fab/VSO. Quite a few of the “regular” members here attempt to troubleshoot the issues. As you stated, this becomes problematic as there often is a great deal to check and this is increasingly difficult on a forum, particularly with some users for any number of reasons.
Ultimately, if there is no resolution and usually there is not, we recommend using Img. This, almost always results in successful burns.

I understand that you are VSO support, but I am posting this so that you do not simply dismiss Troy’s statement, out of hand.
Users who experience problems when using Fab, typically post here. The fact that you do not have a “record” of such problems on the VSO site, certainly doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Believe us, there has been a plethora of problems posted here recently. The fact that you are here speaks volumes.

It is not the user’s responsibility to post problems on multiple sites, particularly when they directed here and are resolved here.

so, if the problem is so “important”, it should be easy to reproduce it and fix it. My doors are open, I don’t think why nobody would accept to spend a few minutes with me to let review the case.
I remind we are using our own sdk, we have also our own forums and the SDK is used by other competitors to DVDFab, adding all these volumes of users should make me confident of the problem isn’t that frequent that what you suggest.

you can contact me directly BY MSN or Skype, please post me a private message

[QUOTE=lapinou;2166819]so, if the problem is so “important”, it should be easy to reproduce it and fix it. My doors are open, I don’t think why nobody would accept to spend a few minutes with me to let review the case.
I remind we are using our own sdk, we have also our own forums and the SDK is used by other competitors to DVDFab, adding all these volumes of users should make me confident of the problem isn’t that frequent that what you suggest.

you can contact me directly BY MSN or Skype, please post me a private message[/QUOTE]

I don’t experience these finalization issues, nor can I reproduce them on my systems, so “our” time together is of no use to either one of us.
As I said, the fact that users do not contact you, doesn’t mean problems don’t exist, particularly when they are directed to this site and receive help here.

Apparently, it’s ok for you to disagree with “us”, but somehow when Troy, myself or others disagree with you, we are simply dismissed.
Believe whatever you want, but the posts are here.
The problem is not “important” to me. I’m not experiencing problems nor am I losing user support.
Again, the fact that you are here speaks volumes.

I don’t say problems doesn’t exist, but yourself you confirm you don’t have the problem. so maybe the problem isn’t due to us.
for now, if anyone can reproduce the problem, then contact me. there is no question about if I agree or disagree, it is about facts.
if the problem is reported by other people and nobody of the active users of the forum can reproduce it.

>> Again, the fact that you are here speaks volumes.
sorry I m not english speaker, this sentence doesn’t mean anything for me.
if there are volumes of problem about it, we should have users here to confirm it ?
where are the post you mention about the problem ? what next, you will blame vso to not be able to burn Princo disc ?

I never said I deny there are problems, I just ask someone to show them and let me investigate in live with him. and make the comparaison with the program of your choice.

This is pretty simple.
Troy said [QUOTE=troy512;2165900]VSO has problems currently [ many months ] finalizing in certain cases. please be patient. in the mean time please use ImgBurn the Ultimate Image Burner.[/QUOTE]

lapinou said

[QUOTE=lapinou;2166707]
[/QUOTE]

I simply maintain that Troy is correct whereas you do not.
Again, I’m not having any problems with VSO and I’m not blaming anyone. I’m simply agreeing with Troy.

[QUOTE=lapinou;2166833]? what next, you will blame vso to not be able to burn Princo disc ?
[/QUOTE]
WTF is this?