Burning DVD files

vbimport

Hello all! I have been using DVDFab5 for awhile now to copy dvds with no problem. The hang up Im having is when I download a torrent movie,( most of them arrive as AVI) and try to burn it. What type of file do I have to turn these movies into to burn and play on my dvd player, and which program should i use? ( I have powerISO, and Xilisoft AVI to DVD)

If your stand alone player supports avi (DivX or Xvid) just burn them as data files, otherwise use your Xilisoft software to create a standard DVD. Hoping these are legal downloads. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=willfire67;2463082]Hello all! I have been using DVDFab5 for awhile now to copy dvds with no problem. The hang up Im having is when I download a torrent movie,( most of them arrive as AVI) and try to burn it. What type of file do I have to turn these movies into to burn and play on my dvd player, and which program should i use? ( I have powerISO, and Xilisoft AVI to DVD)[/QUOTE]

You hit those snags when you download movies instead of buying and backing dvd you purchased. You don’t know how they encoded those avi’s to begin with and there no gurantee that they will convert properly. And those hangups your getting means those aren’t proper avi format encode. So in the future just leave them as is avi’s. DVDfab will bulk if it doesn’t follow proper dvd encoding and will as any good DVD copy program stop burning it even if you used XilliSoft Avi to DVD that converts it-that doesn’t mean it will work with a proper DVD copier program.