Burning dual layer +R as ptp?

vbimport

Just a quick question. Is there anyway to burn a dvd image to DL +R so that the second layer is written as ptp also?
Anyone have experience on this? Thanks in advance.

Is there anyway to burn a dvd image to DL +R so that the second layer is written as ptp also?
None what-so-ever, as all blank dl+r disks are otp.

What’s PTP?

A blank media is neither OTP or PTP, and any blank DVD+R DL could
be written as PTP with the appropriate equipment. This is not possible
with standard PC drives though.

PTP is Parallel Track Path and OTP is Opposite Track Path. In english, PTP means that on a dual layer disk, it reads layer 1 from inside to outside of disk, and then “jumps” back to the inside of the disk and starts reading the 2nd layer, from the inside out, very noticable on virtual any pressed disk, hence jump/pause when watching. OPT means it reads from inside to outside of layer 1, then goes from outside to inside reading layer 2.

Thanks for the replys!
This happens to be the main factor that anybody hasn’t copied GT4 on PS2 succesfully. The original disc is DVD9 written Ptp all the way so you can’t make a “backup” from it with the drives today.
Clever, isn’t it?

This happens to be the main factor that anybody hasn’t copied GT4 on PS2 succesfully Are you sure about that, all dual layer pressed disks are ptp as far as i know, just use dvd decrypter to backup any ps2 disk and it should work fine. Gta4 is only the Jap version at the moment, so your no doubt meaning the warez version that people cant get to work right or at all, which is mention on fourms elsewhere, it may not be the disk as most older mod chips dont support dual disks. Best thing to do is buy game when it comes out and you’ll find that it probably backs up fine, direct from the original.
Clever, isn’t it? No, far from it :stuck_out_tongue:

“all dual layer pressed disks are ptp as far as i know”
Then I must say that you don’t know much. :bigsmile:
Mostly all dvds with video/movies on them use Otp on the second layer because the layer break is shorter this way. Dvd9s with mostly data on them, PS2 games etc, are pressed as Ptp or they could be Otp also 'cause it really doesn’t matter with data on the disc.

And oh, I found out that Gear Pro Mastering edition has the capability to atleast make a master with PTP, don’t know if it could burn them that way too?

Then I must say that you don’t know much, No i dont know anything about it :p, but hey your correct, tried an original dvd or two and they are OTP :iagree:
That Gear Pro thing, yeah i saw that in their program, only problem is that it offers the feature of burning ptp, sadly blank dual disks are otp, and i doubt you can force it otherwise, and as spath says no dvd writer supports ptp dual burning currently.