Burning Dual Layer ISO Files

vbimport

Now that my Pioneer 108 is finally working correctly, I want to try my hand at some DVD+R DL movie backups. I’ve backed up movies for a while, and am familar with all the standard programs, but I’m new to dual layer isos. Which program combo works the best? My current options are:

1. Use only CloneDVD = rip to ISO using built-in spec for DL disk and then burn as ISO using CloneDVD

2. Use only DVD Decrypter = Rip as single dual layer ISO to HD, and then burn to DVD+R DL using DVD Decrypter’s Write Mode

3. Rip to ISO using DVD Decrypter and then burn that ISO to DVD+R DL using CopyToDVD

4. Some other combo using the above programs (rip with one, copy with another).

The main reason I ask is that since DL disks are so expensive, I want to maximize quality in ripping the dual layer ISO and then writing it. Also, these different programs use different engines. CloneDVD uses Elby, CopyTo uses PCouffin, and DVD Decrytper can use ASPI (as well as all the others). Which one is best for burning DL ISO files to DL media (I’d be using Verbatim 2.4X DL media). Or, are they all essentially the same?

The other reason I ask is that for some strange reason, the folks over at CDRInfo always rip dual layer disks with DVD Decrypter and then burn those ISOs with CopyToDVD for all of their reviews. This is what prompted me to ask in the first place. Why not just burn those ripped ISOs w/ Decrypter?

Oh and one last question, for ripping films, should I use my Pioneer 108 writer or my Pioneer DVD-116 DVD-ROM reader?

Thanks in advance.

Well you can do it using only dvd decryptor and then burn with it or nero. Or if you want to strip subtitles or menus or audio streams you can use dvd shrink and then still burn with nero like a normal dvd video.

Well you can do it using only dvd decryptor and then burn with it or nero. Or if you want to strip subtitles or menus or audio streams you can use dvd shrink and then still burn with nero like a normal dvd video.
Don’t use Shrink but CloneDVd2
Shrink is not good ,everything is better than shrink

Well for dual layer it’s not going to compress the video at all, it will be 100% of the original, it’s basically decrypting the movie.

Fact is he can use any transcoding program he chooses, I only listed dvd shrink because it’s free and easy to use. I’m not picking sides, I’m just saying its free :slight_smile:

and why would that be?