Burning Dual Layer Discs (Rosewill/Toshiba)

Help!

On my desktop computer, if I burn a DVD+R DL disk in my Rosewill RD-162 Drive and put it into my Toshiba SD-R6112 laptop drive it will not read it. I get this error message from Roxio’s Disc and Drive Utility: “Unable to recover TOC - Medium error. [0x13570001]”

However, I can read the disk in other computers so I know the disk itself is good.

Now, I bought NERO 7 so that I could bitset/booktype the DL Disk in the Rosewill drive to DVD-ROM hoping this would allow my Toshiba drive to read the disk. I again burned the disk and the booktype was set to DVD-ROM. The process completed fine but when I put the disk in my Toshiba drive I get the same error message: “Unable to recover TOC - Medium error. [0x13570001]”

Thinking that perhaps the media I was using (Verbatim DVD+R DL) was giving the Toshiba drive problems I also purchased FUJIFILM DVD+R DL disks. Again I burned the image and I got the same error message “Unable to recover TOC - Medium error. [0x13570001]” in my Toshiba Drive.

Now the Toshiba drive has no problems with purchased dual layer media (movies, software) and -R disks so I belive the drive to be fine.

I’m really stumped here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-P

I know this doesn’t really help you, but I had the exact opposite problem. I forgot to set the booktype to dvd-rom and my new LG standalone player would not read the DL disc but my 3 1/2 yr. old Toshiba can! After resetting the booktype and reburning, both can. So, I’m surprised that the Toshiba is giving you problems.

It seems that the Toshiba SD-R6112 can’t read DVD+R dual layer.

Specs

It seems that the Toshiba SD-R6112 can’t read DVD+R dual layer.

Which makes sense that DVD+R DL won’t be read correctly but I would think changing the booktype to DVD-ROM should solve the problem. It can read DL DVD-ROM so I would think DVD+R DL booktyped to DVD-ROM would work.

Even when changing booktype to DVD-ROM, disc type is stil dvd+r9.

DVD+R/R9 is not supported at all by SD-R6112.