Burning Dl to SL

I have a laptop that cannot read commercial Dual Layer discs, like you buy from the store but it can read movies and programs and such from the store.
I have a program that has data discs that are Dual Layer and seem to have not been burned this special way and my laptop will not read them.
Is there a way to burn these Dual Layer to two Single Layer so when the program asks for the DVDs it can still read from them?

thanks for any ideas.

What specific program is that?

The specific program is AllData 9.0
My mechanic actually had the guy he bought his computer from split a disc up for him and I was able to inspect it and figure it out.

You know how most programs would not accept a disc that was split up because it would be asking for the entire disc.

Well, with AllData you are able to split up the different folders on the disc as long as you have the system file that are specific to that disc.

Example the discs have a bunch of folder called say asian1, Asian2, Asian 3… and then there are a bunch of files and folders that each disc has such as Data, System and such as that.

You can actually keep all the Data and System, files on the disc and split up Asain1 and Asian 2 to seperate discs and therefore create two discs out of one.

I really appreciate your guys trying to help!!! Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=FullMetalB;2285396][B]I have a laptop that cannot read commercial Dual Layer discs, like you buy from the store but it can read movies and programs and such from the store.[/B]
I have a program that has data discs that are Dual Layer and seem to have not been burned this special way and my laptop will not read them.
Is there a way to burn these Dual Layer to two Single Layer so when the program asks for the DVDs it can still read from them?

thanks for any ideas.[/QUOTE]

Stuff from the store ususally is on “commercial DL discs”… especially movies.

You cannot just copy that DL media by a chance???