Burning DC(CDI)/PS2(BIN) images at 40x

vbimport

Would just like some opinions. For those of you who are using the liteon 40x and are using 40x branded certifed media (Taiyo Yuden, etc..) would you burn them at 40x straight?

Long ago, I already heard this rumor that burning cdrs at a speed faster than 8x for consoles are not that healthy. Probably its because current gaming rigs like the ps2 and DC does not have the capability to stream the data off a cd at more than 12x?

From what I understand (I don’t own a PS2 or anything myself) the PS2 laser is kinda weak and needs very discinct bumps in the disc, and writing at high speed sometimes causes trouble for the weak laser…
Try burning at 40x and see what happens…

Hi
@bloodlust
I burn PS2 and Dreamcast at 40 on intenso 32x no errors and have no problems.
Ferret

Hi
Just one more thing if you hear the dvd drive on the ps2 working more than usual then this is a sign that the burns to quick or the medias crap.What it is doing is re reading data over and over to find what it wants.
Ferret

Well, I tried burning a DC game with DJ. The smartburn check utility returned this msg :

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 32s 19f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Prodisc
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

But when I tried it on my DC, halfway through the game wouldn’t load and I could hear my Dreamcast trying to reseek the data. The media I used is supposed to be gold, not silver. The name is “Speed” with a picture of a cow printed on it.

Maybe Zone-CLV does not perform up to par?

:confused:

Hi
As i said before m8 if it is reseeking data ie spining up all the time you can either use different media the best choice imo or reduce write speed not an option really you pay for the write speed so find media to suit.
ferret

Which means the smartburn detection isn’t that great after all. Otherwise, it should have assigned a more suitable speed for writing. Doh…

Thanks for the reply though.

no it is. it is just that DC’s and PS2s are pickey at times.

i always be safe and burn such disks sloooowwwwlllyy ie @ 4x