Burning cds

vbimport

can someone help me out!! i have a factory cd player in my car and when i burn cd’s it doesnt read it…is it the burn speed or is it that it has to be in wav format…ive tried the decoder and burnt then that way but it still wont play…i cant change the speed when i burn cd’s the lowest it offers is 8…can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or how i can rectify the problem…thanks

i cant change the speed when i burn cd’s the lowest it offers is 8

I would think that you have to be able to set the speed slower.
Even the fastest drives will burn at 2x, it’s the software you are using so…

First: I would use Nero. Hands down the best program for what you want to do.

Second: Use the “Audio CD” selection in the Nero wizard.

Third: Before you are going to burn the cd, set burn speed at 4x for cda. I wouldn’t go any faster than that.

hope it works for ya :slight_smile:

Even the fastest drives will burn at 2x, it’s the software you are using so…

nope, not true. for instance, the LTR-52246S’s lowest burn speed is 4x for regular cdrs. it’s the drive that dictates the available burn speeds for all programs, including nero.

Before you are going to burn the cd, set burn speed at 4x for cda. I wouldn’t go any faster than that.

i burn my audio cds at 52x all the time. a lot of incompatibility problems come from using bad media. if u use quality media, then burn speed becomes much less important. i would suggest getting some TY if possible, or check out the media forum to see what else is good.

Originally posted by kettledevil
…i have a factory cd player in my car…

How old is the car/stereo? A lot of older car cd players could not read burned disk. But I do agree that if you lower the burn speed you could possibly get them to work.

what kind of media did u use
try using verbatimit worked 4 me

thanks for all your information you supplied me…my car is a 97 a delco system…i downloaded nero and tried changing the burn speed to 2x and 4x but each time i did it reverted back to 8x…could it be that my cdrom can’t burn at a slower speed?

I guess that is possible. Have you done any research on your stereo to see if anyone else has had the same problems?

can anybody help me?i dont no how to burn anything exept 4 music.can anybody tell me how?thanx!

Originally posted by wormmaster2003
can anybody help me?i dont no how to burn anything exept 4 music.can anybody tell me how?thanx!
Help you out with what?

TY’s media and Feurio! work on any POS player I have. Car and boomboxes. :wink:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Help you out with what?

help me burning anything

most programs have an easy to use wizard for common burning tasks.