Burning cd's

Hello! Ok so i’ve burned cd’s before and they worked great in the car. Well first of all i downloaded some songs, great! Now i want to burn them and every blank cd i have says its a data cd. I’ve used these cd’s before. So i’m thinking do i need to do something with the cd before i use it to burn with?

Any help please

The Shy Sweet One :0)

Welcome shysweetone. Music CD-Rs are the same as data CD-Rs except they have a bit of code added to them that prevents you from making copies on stand alone audio CD recorders. Most burning applications will automatically convert your music to CD audio so have a go at it.

oh i have and it always tells me that it seems like you have a data cd please replace it with an audio cd…very frustrating

Try some Audio files you didn’t download.For instance some you ripped from a CD you own as a backup.
Will those burn for you without the blank CD giving you the Data warning ?
If so I think your downloaded files have some kind of copy protection.
btw I burn mp3 files as a data CD that works well on a car CD player.These also work in my standalone DVD player.
It is my understanding that some older car players won’t play data CD’s & older home or portable CD players won’t for sure.
You want the files converted to .wav for a burn as Audio CD.
A software Burrrn will convert many type files on the fly.
Also what do you mean ?

I’ve used these cd’s before

Hi,[QUOTE=shysweetone;2277398]oh i have and it always tells me that it seems like you have a data cd please replace it with an audio cd…very frustrating[/QUOTE]so you are using a standalone HiFi CD recorder? In that case (and only in that case), you would indeed need the expensive “CD-R for Audio”. But how would you record your downloaded music files then? :confused:

Or am I totally wrong, and you are using a computer?
If so, then follow the advice from [I]cholla[/I] and use a CD burning software that supports “Audio CD” as project type. Burrrnis a free one, and if you have some CD burning software like Nero or Roxio that came with your computer or burner, then you can also create an Audio CD from mp3 or unprotected wma files. Having a look into the documentation of the software isn’t a bad idea either :slight_smile:

Michael

@mciahel ; I’ve never had a standalone CD recorder so I haven’t had the problem of needing the expensive “CD-R for Audio”.
I thought that US ones didn’t but I’m not sure on that.
Burrrn will also convert .mp3 to .wav while burning to an Audio CD.Producing the standard Audio CD with .cda “files”.

Hi,[QUOTE=cholla;2278305]@mciahel ; I’ve never had a standalone CD recorder so I haven’t had the problem of needing the expensive “CD-R for Audio”. [/quote]Me neither.

I thought that US ones didn’t but I’m not sure on that.
Well, that is the “content industry” who is resposible for this. So US versions of HiFi CD recorders need these special media also.

I have to admit, that I may have misunderstood the original post - there was not enough information to put the finger on what’s wrong;)

Burrrn will also convert .mp3 to .wav while burning to an Audio CD.Producing the standard Audio CD with .cda “files”.
:iagree:

Michael