Burning CD-Rs with LiteOn SHM-165P6S

Hi,

could anyone please tell me which speed is the best for burning and scanning CD-Rs? Thanks.

Burning CD-R will depend on the media, but in general I like to burn Data at 32x and Audio at 16x. This is a good compromise between speed and quality on a lot of media. The reason for the lower burning speed for Audio CDs is to get as low jitter as possible which might be important on some picky players.

You can also burn a lot of disc at different speeds and scan them yourself to find out which burn speed is best for your drive, firmware and media, and then you can make up your own mind. Don’t scan in your 165P6S however.

Using a LiteOn 5S or 6S series DVD burner for quality scanning CD media is a pointless exercise in my opinion, because the results are all but meaningless. See this thread.

The LiteOn 5S and 6S series drives are very good DVD scanners, however, compared to other consumer class drives.

Hi,

There isn’t much difference in errors: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=190239
Perhaps unless a Litey 6S series (or Sony 12x) is used :bigsmile:

The reason for the lower burning speed for Audio CDs is to get as low jitter as possible which might be important on some picky players.
:iagree: Agreed.

Michael