Burning CD for "older" car CD Player

I use Nero 7 Ultra for mostly making audio CDs. I have scoured the help section and can’t find where I can “convert” music going to a CD to a format that will work in an older player.
Am I dreaming or is Nero capable of doing this!?
Thanks,
RichW1:bow:

RichW1 welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I am not sure i am following you; older player or not, it should play audio CDs just fine. So, creating an [U]audio[/U] Cd with Nero, regardless of the source files (they could be mp3 or wav files, Nero will convert them to wav files if needed), will get you with a CD that you can use in any player.

I haven’t seen one but I understand there are some older cd players including “car” ones that won’t play recordable CD -R discs.Even more that won’t play + or - RW’s.
Just open the disc in question in Windows Explorer .Does it have .cda files ?
If it does it is an Audio CD & if it is a CD -R it should play if the unit will play recoradble CD -R .

[QUOTE=cholla;2302317]I haven’t seen one but I understand [B]there are some older cd players including “car” ones that won’t play recordable CD -R discs[/B].Even more that won’t play + or - RW’s.
Just open the disc in question in Windows Explorer .Does it have .cda files ?
If it does it is an Audio CD & if it is a CD -R it should play if the unit will play recoradble CD -R .[/QUOTE]Yep you are right, this slipped my mind. Never seen one up close either, although my memory goes back to at least 1995.

Some older players [I]do [/I]have difficulties with reading from recorable media.
If such a disc is readable depends on the drive that is used, the blank media and of course the burn speed.

Michael

I have seen and heard of older car players that have better luck with 74min/650mb discs. Sadly these are hard to find locally. You might try googling for them.

Rusty