Burning BIN/CUE files...what software works!

vbimport

I have been using CDRWin to attempt to burn a bin file!

After a successful burn there is nothing on the disk even though the disk is showing that it has been used.

The files I have came in rar format and I test these files and all comes out good.

I am just trying to find out if there is other software out there that can be used to burn these types of files!

Thanks

Buck Wilde

you probably used the wrong serial key

download the good version at

http://www.gamefreakcdcopy.com
http://www.cdrsoft.net

you might also want to consider using fireburner. it’s about as good as cdrwin for burning your ISO image files. grab it at one of the sites mentioned above.

CDRWin isn’t as good as some people would like it to be.

Personally I prefer Fireburner over CDRWin to burn .cue/.bin files, less chance on a crash, but that is just my experience.

My advise, use Fireburner as Squage suggested

Thanks!

Mattel007 I own the version I have, so the serial is correct.

I downloaded and tried Fireburner and this worked successfully!

Game did’nt work, it asks to put in the correct cd, but it did a good burn!

Thanks again for the help!

BW

Originally posted by Buck Wilde
Game did’nt work, it asks to put in the correct cd, but it did a good burn!

Try GCW 4 a crack 2 make your game work!! :wink:

What I always do when I want to burn a BIN/CUE file is to extract the files from it using ISObuster!!
Then U can burn the files after extracting them from the BIN file!!! :smiley:

Thanks again Wookie!

The game never got installed so I am unable to get a file from GCW. Right when I click on install I get the “install correct cd messege.”

As for ISOBuster where can I get this program?

Thanks again!

Buck Wilde

Sounds to me like a corrupt iso file. It should always install. I have never seen a game that din’t install, no matter what protection.

What can I use to convert the file from BIN/CUE to ISO?

Buck Wilde

With BinWizard you can extract the *.bin and *.cue file to normal files on a harddisk. Then you can easily burn it with Nero or you can install from the harddisk. Download it from:

http://www.promail.pl/~awarez/BinWizard_3.0.zip

Thanks Crest!

I am downloading as I type! I found ISOBuster that Wookie talked about also. So I will be giving them both a try!

Thanks again!

Buck Wilde

Originally posted by djewst
Sounds to me like a corrupt iso file. It should always install. I have never seen a game that din’t install, no matter what protection.

Red Alert2 Original has protection both on installer and on game executable. A few other Safedisc2 titles have this too. Fairlights RA2 iso had installer cracked and exe replaced sou you wouldnt notice. If you make a copy of an original RA2 with a burner that isnt SD2 compatible, it wont even install.

Casketizer

I have found that only Blind-Write has been a successful contender in this area of .bin/.cue filez.

Nero works fine for burning bin/cue files. Just select File/Burn Image and choose the cue file.

Kneeon

When I try to use Nero it is looking for an *.nrg file.

All of my files are .cue. So when I click on File/Burn Image it looks for an .nrg file. So does Nero burn cue files?

Or must the image be made by Nero in order to burn it using Nero?

Thanks

Buck Wilde

Like I said before…Just open the cue file - Change the file spec from .nrg files to all files and choose the .cue file. The only thing, you may have to edit the cue file to show where the bin file is…

Hey,

Thanks again fundun! I am new to all this and if I can get one program to do it all that is better for me! And Nero is the best that is out there!!!

Thanks again!

Buck Wilde

Buck Wilde What can I use to convert the file from BIN/CUE to ISO?

If you really want to do this, go to the CDrWin homepage and download a program called DAO (it’s a DOS port of their CDrWin), there’s a utility called “Bin2Iso”. Happy Burning
:smiley:

I have tried to use Nero as suggested by one individual, but have had no success.

I never have used it before and I will continue using BlindWrite as I have in the past