Burning (b/u) movies +R 8X with X4 media

Just for fun, since the 811 can do it, I’m burning a backup movie (made with Shrink) on TDK +4X media and burning at X8 speed, all while typing this, surfing the net and I may launch Unreal 2004, just for kicks.

Wondering if anyone has done this and the result of the movie was…??

And not really checking with a error program as much as just watching the movie from start to finish.

Also, if burning the movie at 8X (on 4X (or even 8x media) works, is it temporary in that somehow the files (burned) are not as stable, ie, they wear out (DVD disc) in time???

dang…it burned so fast that it was done before I finished posting another message in this group…

Burned movie at 8X, went to end SCENE (last) and it played fine.

Will check out the whole movie sometime this weekend.

The standalone is also new, so maybe I can do 8X with +R (4X) media.

Originally posted by retroz
…Also, if burning the movie at 8X (on 4X (or even 8x media) works, is it temporary in that somehow the files (burned) are not as stable, ie, they wear out (DVD disc) in time???

AFAIK, burn speed does not affect data stability or longevity. Media Quality determines how long your data will last. Use good discs = your data will last a long time! :smiley:

Thanks, as I have 6 Powerquest Images on a seperate HD and I wanted to make sure the intergrity was ok before deleting.

Using TDK, should be ok…right?

If the data is critical, I wouldn’t leave it to chance…
Scan your discs with Kprobe.