Burning AVI's to a DVD?

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I am trying to burn a series of tv shows which I have in avi format to a DVD to try and get them to play on my home DVD player. Can anyone tell me what format I need to convert them to and what program you would recommend using to convert and burn them? Many thanks.

Mike.

Use Nero Vision if you have Nero Suite software.

Open up Nero Vision, choose “make DVD video,” then “add video files,” then fiddle around with your menus and stuff.
And then burn.

Any program that does this has to recode the .avi or .mpg video files you have as DVD video files (.VOB) and then burn them on the disc. That takes a while.

Download Nero 7 Ultra edition from somewhere if you don’t have it.

Thanks james_84:

I will give it try, thank you very much.

Mike.

Depending on your type/model of standalone, you might not need to convert them - but only if it is an mpeg4 capable standalone…

LOL chef - I’m surprised you missed the above! :wink:

I’d like to comment another user from this forum:
“It could always be a software from a open-source-pool.”

No hard feelings, just a joke from my side.

Hahaha! That’s nicely put :bigsmile:

just a little nerdy guys, find something more productive to do with your time guys.

Us students have the advantage of an on campus Hub for filesharing…so ultra edition is not hard to get.

@james_84

So it’s that software you got from that open-source-pool. Take your attitude somewhere else.

@ilcenko

As Chef said it’s all depends on what your DvD player supports

Check here

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

:cool: :cool:

You’d better watch out what you talking here.
It’s on the edge to apply to the forum rules, IMO.

Thanks for your help everyone. I was able to burn them using Nero Vision but now I have another problem. I tried to convert them so I can fit a few episodes on one DVD but now the sound is off from the picture. I tried to convert the file to and Mpeg 2 using WinAVI Video Convertor. Can anyone offer me some advice? I have a copy of Nero 7 Ultra but haven’t installed yet, if this helps any.

Thanks.

Use virtualdub first to save the audio uncompressed. Then convert.

All advice given above very good. If you would like to try software other than Nero to do the conversion, I’d also advise you to download and use D.I.K.O. (freeware version). It works well and allows you to add menu screens, etc. Download it here:
www.vmesquita.com/en/download.htm

Chef:

This may be a very stupid questions but I have never done this before. When using virtualdub, where does it save the file too?

I have a season of 24 episodes do I have to do each episode individually?

Stroppy:

Another stupied question…
I have also tried Diko (freeware version) and once I convert 4 episodes it says they are saved in the working folder. I am guessing that is the temp dir. of Diko and two seperate files per episode. One video and one audio? How do I burn all these onto a DVD afterward and does it have to be a DVD-R?

I thought it’s self-explanatory, but…

Here is the very good FAQ/guide: http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_processing

I tried to convert them so I can fit a few episodes on one DVD but now the sound is off from the picture. I tried to convert the file to and Mpeg 2 using WinAVI Video Convertor.

In the advanced option,there is a “Enabled DirectAC3”,have you select it?

VSO DivX To DVD

No one really needs to use commercial tools.

Good [B]free[/B] ones are dvd author, virtualDubMod, DVD2AVI and AviSynth!!!