Burning avi

Im using a acer aspire 4315-2535

Anyways… heres my problem…im trying to burn an avi movie that i got from torrent… i am burning with nero 8…

i can burn avi’s with nero i’ve done it tuns recently but every once n a while like 1 out of 10 it will (mess up) the problem is the color is off on the movie when i play it in my dvd player… like the picture is blue, red, purple, pink… but the audio is perfect… got any idea’s??

comp: a aspire 4315-2535
burner: nero 8

ok im trying to burn a avi movie with nero 8 have done so for the last couple months,…but every once and a while i get a movie file that i cant watch on my dvd player cause the movie color is out of wack,…i can c the picture but the colors are all off like pink, red, purple when its suppost to a pic. of a face or something… but the audio is perfect any idea’s?? thx in advance!

[QUOTE=bnantz;2211249]comp: a aspire 4315-2535
burner: nero 8

ok im trying to burn a avi movie with nero 8 have done so for the last couple months,…but every once and a while i get a movie file that i cant watch on my dvd player cause the movie color is out of wack,…i can c the picture but the colors are all off like pink, red, purple when its suppost to a pic. of a face or something… but the audio is perfect any idea’s?? thx in advance![/QUOTE]

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/burning-avi-264629/

Is this your posting as well?

How do they look played from your hard drive?

Double :slight_smile: Sorry.

yes, just trying to get some help

They work just fine. Plays as it should.

[QUOTE=bnantz;2211239]Im using a acer aspire 4315-2535

Anyways… heres my problem…im trying to burn an avi movie that i got from torrent… i am burning with nero 8…

i can burn avi’s with nero i’ve done it tuns recently but every once n a while like 1 out of 10 it will (mess up) the problem is the color is off on the movie when i play it in my dvd player… like the picture is blue, red, purple, pink… but the audio is perfect… got any idea’s??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like bad movie sources that my take. Torrenting movies is no guarantee your avi quality. If you can’t play it properly on WMP or VLC then you wasted your download time. It seems like then next would be your media quality posses the next problem besides the burn speed your using.

i dont understand what u mean media quality… u think if i erased it and d/l it again it might work?.. i mean its not the first time it’s happened, but usually when it does it, its cause its an old movie, not a newer movie…i dont know if that has anything to do with it

Don’t know what the problem is today with double posts?

Are you burning these to disk as avi or are you converting them with some program? No need to delete what you already have if they play correctly from the hard drive. You might want to check the file with Gspot and compare it to one that is not a problem.

No im not confurting im using my nero and buring from the rom but it comes up as rom iso, witch is what i’ve done for all the other 40 some movies… and they work,… whats gspot

Gspot gives you information about your video file, http://www.headbands.com/gspot/, but if it’s in iso format you’ll have to mount it and check just the avi file. Does the disk play on your computer correctly or do you have the same problem as with your stand alone player?

Im not sure, im going to make a new copy. and try it.

bnantz, I’ve merged your two threads here in the forum. Please refrain from posting the same question twice.

Use VSO ConvertxtoDVD, you can get that from a torrent site as well. Beats the shit out of Nero and you can convert and burn a movie in 30-45 minutes. It converts and burns all formats downloaded from the internet and then some.

Torrentrance. It is against the rules of the forum to recommend obtaining copyright protected programs over torrents. Please read the rules of the forum before posting again. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html

Recommending ConvertXtoDVD is fine, but it should be obtained legally. Pay for the program if you intend to use it.

Sorry about the previous post, you should BUY ConvertxtoDVD. Although I don’t quite understand the seriousness of legality here when I see a whole category dedicated to DVDFab. Sure it’s a legal program when purchased, but when the main use of it is to make duplicates of copyright protected movies (and from the sound of the posts in that category, that’s the most popular use), I don’t really see the harm in talking about a torrent. By the way I could have been talking about getting the trial version from a torrent site since that is considered legal.

@Torrenttrance:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reminder-rules-newbies-183408/
@Kerry56
Lately I’ve seen a lot more posts about burning/converting AVI files, and I’m concerned about 2 things:

1. The veracity of those posts, some seem to request information/instructions about piracy and that might get CDF in trouble (remember what happened to Doom9?)
  2. The laziness of the posters. A simple search would give them the answers they are looking for. Instead they create new threads about topics/problems that have been covered and resolved.

Lets not derail bnantz’s thread any further guys. If you want to discuss these issues with me, I’'ll be happy to talk to you via pm’s.