Burning AVI with Nero7 (HP DVD1040i)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040i. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a dvd1040i dbl layer burner and have nero 7 burning software. I am having a problem where, when I burn my Avi file to dvd with Nero, it always has a point at which the movie will stop. It seems like there is a gap in the movie and it wont play past that point. The Avi plays fine on the cpu but not on a burned disc. Any ideas as how to fix this issue?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If the movies plays fine in the computer, then seems a typical issue caused by a bad burned disc. This most of times is due to a low quality disc. Try to burn again on quality media (like Verbatim): this should solve :slight_smile:

Normally I would agree with geno but i am having the same problems as well.Every DVD no matter what format avi,iso will skip or just completley freeze. On pc no problems. I had office depot dvdrs, went and bought verbatim dls and standard, same problems. i reduced writing speed to half didnt help. i will try 1 more time at 2.4. happens on nero,dvdfab cd recordings come out perfect

Two major things are taking place in this process. First, the input file (avi) is being converted to a DVD spec mpeg2 file and the necessary files created to DVD format playback. Second, the output files are being burned to DVD.

Whenever you are having problems, you need to break down the various steps and find where your process is broken. Instead of having the software convert and burn directly to disc, have it create the video output files or an iso image. You can then test the output on the PC to see if it works. After it’s tested, you can then burn with various burning applications until you find one that works for you.

Nero is a decent burning application, but can suck a$$ when performing any other function. To convert avi to DVD, try ConvertXtoDVD (best choice - not free), DVD Flick or FAVC (last two are free). Have the programs create iso output files and then burn with ImgBurn (probably the best AND free burning app).

[QUOTE=rwalltx;2193497]Normally I would agree with geno but i am having the same problems as well.[B]Every DVD no matter what format avi,iso [/B]will skip or just completley freeze. On pc no problems. I had office depot dvdrs, went and bought verbatim dls and standard, same problems. i reduced writing speed to half didnt help. i will try 1 more time at 2.4. happens on nero,dvdfab cd recordings come out perfect[/QUOTE]

How are these both kinds related to each other??