Burning avi to dvd

vbimport

Added by CDFreaks

Do you want to burn your AVI files to DVD? Download ConvertXtoDVD, this software converts your AVI files to the DVD format and then let’s you burn the files to a DVD recordable.

More information and downloads here

End of message

Hey,

I’ve got a movie in avi. and wan’t to burn it to a DVD to play on my DVD player.
How would I go about doing this?

BTW I don’t want to use nero, I know it’s easy as it encodes the video etc etc but for some reason it doesn’t like me (or my dvd/rw drive).
I’ve tried using video converter to convert the AVI to a VOB file. But what do I do with that now. Thanks :smiley:

If you don’t want to use nero, then it is necessary a two step approach.

1. Convert avi to mpeg-2
  2. Reauthor mpeg-2 file in vob (aka video dvd).

For step 1 you can use TMPGEnc. For step 2 TMPGEnc DVD Author.

You may have a try on winavi which can convert avi to dvd format, and then burn it!

Just tried WinAVI and the piece of crap inserted a watermark dead center throughout the entire movie, without ever giving any kind of warning that it would do so.

Thanks a lot for the coaster zjmedia.

i’ll assume this was with the trial version, which is specifically stated on their website:

During this evaluation period, the software has full functional. except some limitations.

Try DVDSanta, very reliable, producing good quality, but not a freeware.

Try VSO DivXToDVD. There used to be a free version available on the website, but now it’s only a trial that’s free; it inserts a watermark and is slower than the full version. The last official free version was 0.5.0 so perhaps you can locate it somewhere.

TZ