Burning .avi & .srt movie

Hej, I’m new here so I’m just looking around and I have a question.

I’m totally not sure where this should be posted, but since I always use cloneDVD, I though I could post it here.

Recently I’ve been having this big problem. When I have movies on my pc it is a .avi file with their subtitles in .srt. But some of them I want to copy on a DVD… How do I do that? If I ask someone they say it is impossible, or if you can, the quality will be bad, or you have to do series of weird stuff before being able to… etc etc.

Now this looks like the perfect forum to ask this.

How do I copy a .avi & .srt file on a DVD so I can watch them with my pc, or DVD-player?

Signed,
Jim

[QUOTE=Jim_004;1947420]Hej, I’m new here so I’m just looking around and I have a question.

I’m totally not sure where this should be posted, but since I always use cloneDVD, I though I could post it here.

Recently I’ve been having this big problem. When I have movies on my pc it is a .avi file with their subtitles in .srt. But some of them I want to copy on a DVD… How do I do that? If I ask someone they say it is impossible, or if you can, the quality will be bad, or you have to do series of weird stuff before being able to… etc etc.

Now this looks like the perfect forum to ask this.

How do I copy a .avi & .srt file on a DVD so I can watch them with my pc, or DVD-player?

Signed,
Jim[/QUOTE]

Question is, where do the .srt file come from???

If you have a divx capable player, just create a data dvd (UDF or UDF/ISO) and burn both files onto it.

I don’t know what you mean… Where does it come from.
It’s just a map with the 2 files in it…

[QUOTE=Jim_004;1947439]I don’t know what you mean… Where does it come from.
It’s just a map with the 2 files in it…[/QUOTE]

Then that means you have created them by yourself…

So, take that original media/disc again and just copy it without making an avi from it first.

It might fit on a CD? How big is the whole thing?

I didn’t copied it from another disc.

I got the movies from a friend. It are all maps with .avi and .srt files in it.

Try with Avi2dvd…
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Avi2Dvd

[QUOTE=Jim_004;1947451]I didn’t copied it from another disc.

[B]I got the movies from a friend.[/B] It are all maps with .avi and .srt files in it.[/QUOTE]

That is why you should READ the forum rules again.

That’s why I said I was just NEW to this forum…:rolleyes:

Ok so I read the newbie rules and must say.

I got this few movies from my friend. But I know my pc isn’t that good, and crashes sometimes. I want to make sure I have those movies after my pc crashes again. So I won’t have to be knocking on his door again to borrow his.

I hope you understand now.

[QUOTE=Jim_004;1948862]That’s why I said I was just NEW to this forum…

Ok so I read the newbie rules and must say.

I got this few movies from my friend. But I know my pc isn’t that good, and crashes sometimes. I want to make sure I have those movies after my pc crashes again. [B]So I won’t have to be knocking on his door again to borrow his.[/B]

I hope you understand now.[/QUOTE]

You have accepted to follow the forum rules by registering here.

So do so, easy and simple.

If I click the ‘GO’ button to do the ‘Job’. It says I have to choose a audiostream. Funny is, in the drop down of the audo stream, I get nothing but an empty list…

I think that is because I get the message when putting in the .avi file: ‘Interface not supported’…

Did you ever get an answer… because I only joined this site to get the same answer.

CloneDVD2 will only burn DVD compliant video.

Did you ever get an answer... because I only joined this site to get the same answer.

I never did, no. But I searched on other topics, cause apparantly some people do not trust me.

I fixed it with ConvertXtoDVD…