Burning AVI on a CD-R

vbimport

Howdy,

I’m new here. I have some trouble burning an AVI-file onto a CD-R. I’ve put it on the disc but the quality is just really poor. Image goes in blocks and sound is way ahead on the image (which isn’t really moving as the way it should be).

When I watch the file on my laptop from the harddisk, everything goes well. Oh, and the file is only a 153MB, so its not the problem of the file being to large eh, coz normally 700MB fits on disc.

Could it be, that I’m not using a proper CD-R? I’ve put it on a CD-R audio from Sony (got the CD-R from my sis; phoned a friend and he told me it would probably work out fine).

Can you guys help me out here and bring on a solution or tell me what goes wrong in the process?

Thanks in advance

Hmm, weird. I had a similar thing happen to me. Two things, although I dont think it matters, try using a non-audio cd. Secondly, try reading the cd from a slower reader than what you have. I had a 52x cdrom and it sucked at treading some movie cd’s, so I put it into a 32x drive and it worked perfectly.

If all else fails, try burning the cd again at a much slower rate than what you were burning it at the first time.

I have burned tons of avi files with Nero. Never had a problem with the files being corrupted during burning. I would try using cdspeed and see if the burner is writing data correctly. If it is the only thing I can think of is the files are fragmented on the hdd. I always defrag before burning anything

Did you mux your AVI file with NanDub or VDubMod? You shouldn’t do that…

Originally posted by alexnoe
Did you mux your AVI file with NanDub or VDubMod? You shouldn’t do that…

Not unless it’s got a vbr mp3…:slight_smile:

how long is the avi, minutes / seconds wise?

Guys, thanks for the replys

The first thing i’ll do is go and get another CD-R and its gonna be a CD-RW so i can put the file back off when its not right.

The AVIfile is only about 40seconds so that cant really be the problem.

let me tell you some more info, I’ve transferred footage from a digital 8 camera into windows movie maker and put it in AVI, saved it on harddisk and later on put it on a disc.

Ill check on those Nero, NanDub and VDubMod things. I really havent got a clue what these things are (i just started exploring putting on a disc and don’t know much about it) on the internet. If i cant figure it out, I’ll post again.

Maybe this helps too: my laptop is a Toshiba and has an inclusive cdwriter, so I didnt have to buy something extra. But I’ll check on those nero etc stuff

Thanks again and probably till one of the nearby days eh
Cheers

@xox: You should not even do that with MP3-VBR…you should never ever do that. Read on doom9 about that. Terrible seeking on the disc during replay is the worst problem, followed by jerky replay of AC3 movies. If you have 3 or more audio streams, and maybe some subtitles, NanDub etc won’t work anyway…you find a better tool in my signature :smiley:

Originally posted by alexnoe
@xox: You should not even do that with MP3-VBR…you should never ever do that. Read on doom9 about that. Terrible seeking on the disc during replay is the worst problem, followed by jerky replay of AC3 movies. If you have 3 or more audio streams, and maybe some subtitles, NanDub etc won’t work anyway…you find a better tool in my signature :smiley:

Hmm…i need to read more then. Because AFAIK if you have vbr mp3 for you avi, you’ll need nandub to mux them as standard vdub doesn’t support vbr mp3.

Right. NanDub was the only way before I started work on AVI-Mux GUI