Burning Avi from PC to Dvd Writer

Just bought External Lite-On DVD Writer to burn movies from hard drive.I’m using a free trial of Nero and it tells me I must buy additional features to perform action.Can anyone tell me how to do this with the trial,cause to purchase it before even having it work ain’t what I want to do.I can make data dvd’s but want dvd’s i can play on home dvd player.I’m Confused and frustrated :confused:

You can use Imgburn instead of Nero for that purpose.

Imgburn is freeware.

[QUOTE=cfc;2307052]Just bought External Lite-On DVD Writer to burn movies from hard drive.I’m using a free trial of Nero and it tells me I must buy additional features to perform action.Can anyone tell me how to do this with the trial,cause to purchase it before even having it work ain’t what I want to do.I can make data dvd’s but want dvd’s i can play on home dvd player.I’m Confused and frustrated :confused:[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the trial version of Nero cannot convert video formats unless you pay the full retail price for the suite just to unlock Nero Vision (which is required for this action).

ImgBurn by itself cannot convert video formats at all. Thus, you must find a way to manually convert your AVIs to the MPEG2 format used by DVD videos. Most AVIs, with the exception of DivX-encoded AVIs, are unplayable on any standalone players without a conversion to MPEG2. And even DivX-encoded AVIs are playable only on those standalone players which specifically support DivX playback (and the DivX codec used in the AVIs should not be confused with the obsolete DivX discs marketed by the now-defunct Circuit City superstore chain).

If you want to convert avi, mp4 or other types of video over to dvd-video capable of playing in any stand alone player, look at AVStoDVD, DVDFlick or FAVC. All are free to use. All can be set up to burn to a disk automatically with ImgBurn.

Thanks Kerry,It worked perfectly!!