Burning avi file with Nero to dvd rw

vbimport

[I] have spent the day trying to burn 4 movies to a dvdrw with Nero in order to watch them on the tv set. My cd player is a liteon recorder/player. It will play jpg, divx etc.

I burn the cdrw with Nero using data files. Everything goes fine. I see the files on the dvd cd and can play them from the computer. Once I put them in the cd player I get the first frame and that is it. The player says it is converting them to videoso I know it is recognizing them. I have tried on 2 different cd players and get the same problem.

would like to watch them and then be able to erase the dvd. What am I doing wrong? I hate to keep using up dvds when I am the only one that wants to watch them.[/I]

What format are the source video files? Not all avi files are DivX files. Since you are burning them as data files there is no encoding done so the source files must be DivX compliant. Also, you interchange CD and DVD but I’m guessing that you are using DVD RW only. I’m not sure why your player says it’s converting to video, if it supports Divx there should be no conversion going on. Have you played any burned DVD RW disks at all with your stand alone player or is this your first attempt at using RW media? Also what brand of blank disk and burn speed are you using?

The file is xxxxxx.xxx.bdrip.xvid and the rest are just labeled avi. It could be that the rest had a bd in the file name. I am using a DVD RW. I was able to convert one to a dvd file with vobs etc. with no problem and burn it and play on the cd player. I don’t know why the player tries to convert the other avi files but I suspect as you just stated that maybe they are not divx files. I have been able in the past to burn avi as data files and play them on the cd player. I burn with Nero at 4x using Verbatium cdrw cds. Another file was
BDSCR *XviD. As you see it has BD in it so possibly that is the reason. The player is not blue ray.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2479488]What format are the source video files? Not all avi files are DivX files. Since you are burning them as data files there is no encoding done so the source files must be DivX compliant. Also, you interchange CD and DVD but I’m guessing that you are using DVD RW only. I’m not sure why your player says it’s converting to video, if it supports Divx there should be no conversion going on. Have you played any burned DVD RW disks at all with your stand alone player or is this your first attempt at using RW media? Also what brand of blank disk and burn speed are you using?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MeggieJJ;2479501]The file is xxxxxx.xxx.bdrip.xvid and the rest are just labeled avi. It could be that the rest had a bd in the file name. Another file was BDSCR *XviD. As you see it has BD in it so possibly that is the reason. The player is not blue ray.[/QUOTE]

Do you not have the source dvd or BD media anymore? From what your saying that file is the most likely the cause of the write problem downloading movies like your file xxxxxx.xxx.bdrip.xvid doesn’t guarantee they will work or burn correctly.

I think you hit the nail on the head. a good learning experience here. Not bad for a 72 year old that doesn’t know what she is doing.:confused:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2479529]Do you not have the source dvd or BD media anymore? From what your saying that file is the most likely the cause of the write problem downloading movies like your file xxxxxx.xxx.bdrip.xvid doesn’t guarantee they will work or burn correctly.[/QUOTE]