Burning at 700 MB

vbimport

I just bought myself some PNY's 700 MB recordable CD's and I have a problem. The problem is that my software, Easy CD Creator, won't allow me to burn past 650 MB.

Is there a way to by-pass this? Do I have different software?

Thanks in advance!

jurche
ouch! i just burnt myself

If you use the adaptec 4.0 it won’t give any problems, but the earlier versions did! But if you want to burn 80 minutes, i suggest you use nero or cdrwin, if don’t have them, you can download them at www.cdrsoft.net

Also your cdwriter must be supported to do this. Look at www.feurio.de to check this

If you use v3.5 of easy cd creator, you’ll need an update if you want to burn over 650mb!
But my advice is, as Mattel said, visit www.cdrsoft.net for some other software! (I think adaptec really sucks!)
Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wookie:
If you use v3.5 of easy cd creator, you’ll need an update if you want to burn over 650mb!
But my advice is, as Mattel said, visit www.cdrsoft.net for some other software! (I think adaptec really sucks!)
Good luck!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why repeat mattel007???

jurche

I use Easy CD Creator version 3.5 and I can burn 700MB CDs, and I have used PNY 700MB cds with no problem. Easy CD Creator does allow this; the problem may be with your CD Writer. Some allow burning more than 650MB and some don’t. I use a Yamaha 4416S and it does allow burning 700MB CDs.

Could the message from Easy CD be throwing you off? Easy CD will state something like “The disk you are about to burn contains more than 650MB…” The manual states that if your burner supports burning 700MB cds, to ignore this warning message and continue with your burn… Hope this helps… S2K

I do NOT dislike the guy Wilma honest!

i hate people who are writing the same answers like above…

BUt if you looked at the way You looked at it yes his statement is right.

but i can’t see it that clear written in his posting.

so do we have to argu over that?