Burning Appz Cant Detect My Burner!

I have a serous problem – burning appz like nero cannot detect my burner. I dont know what is wrong but I already hate so much the XP shitty shits. I have tried everything as help that could be found online – updating USB drivers, founding drivers for XP for my HP burner, reinstalling it …
With windows explorer i DO see my external drive, however even with the built in XP burnining soft i cannot burn. When i was on windows 98 i had NO problems using any burning app with my HP cd-writer cd4e . Now on XP, the only thing that works is the burning software that comes with the HP CD – Record NOw. It does burn, however does not have options at all, and i like to use appz like nero for audio and Clone CD for copyrighted… And now i am stuck with the HP’s Record now. The audio CDs that it makes are awful, plus there are no options like in nero to normalize, remove the hiss (diff filters) of the mp3z that are about to be recorded to an Audio CD. If anybody has a solution — PLEASE, PLEASE post it here – i will be very , very thankful

A little basic information please:

What version of nero have you tried

Where did you get that copy of nero

Have you installed xp service pack one

I have tried nero 5.9.9.0 and the latest one - 9.14

As for the XP service pack 1 – I just installed it and it is still not working.

I get nero from download.com

Anything else???

I just do not unserstand why only HP RecordNow doe not have problems with my recorder. If there is smth wrong with the configuration or whatever the problem is , it should be applicable to the HP burning software RecordNow as well.

Originally posted by KurtCocain

I have a serous problem – burning appz like nero cannot detect my burner. I dont know what is wrong but I already hate so much the XP shitty shits. I have tried everything as help that could be found online – updating USB drivers, founding drivers for XP for my HP burner, reinstalling it …
With windows explorer i DO see my external drive, however even with the built in XP burnining soft i cannot burn. When i was on windows 98 i had NO problems using any burning app with my HP cd-writer cd4e . Now on XP, the only thing that works is the burning software that comes with the HP CD – Record NOw. It does burn, however does not have options at all, and i like to use appz like nero for audio and Clone CD for copyrighted… And now i am stuck with the HP’s Record now… If anybody has a solution — PLEASE, PLEASE post it here – i will be very , very thankful

Have you tried disabling IMAPI yet ?
Your problem seems to be similar to this one here

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> right click+Open or double click Services ->
right click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service -> and in Properties’ General tab disable Startup type

My IMAPI is already disabled – i just checked. The problem is obviously not in the IMAPI.
I’d like to thank to you all who are trying to hel me !!!
If u have any other suggestions , pls. post them.
10x a mill.

Here is the other post that i posted my question – i have screenshots there – have installed ASPI … the way nero reports my burner …

??? cannot figure out why all those things that are supposed to work, dont

:confused: :Z :Z :Z

The XP install that you are using, was it an upgrade install or a clean install?

Yes, it is a clean install. It came with my brand new machine == it is perfectly legal and non messed up.

sorry but i’m stumped on this one. I would try e-mailing the nero technical support.

Do you have XP pro or XP home? Anyhow, although that wint matter much, have you tried a burning application with integrated native drivers. Nero, Adaptec, andmany others rely on ASP which XP does not come with by default, or on a second source to recognize the cd-rom type device. Try a program such as WinonCD which has drivers built in. It was as of recent a free download through slickdeals.net. They are promoting it for the new relase of winoncd6.0, so they gave everyone a full free download of winoncd5.0 There is no longer a free download available, but since it came with a text file to distribute, I can alwasy e-mail it to you. At least this will help you limit donw some options as to why it might not work.

Thanx a lot for the reply. Well I have already kinda found a solution : I use Record Now for burning data and Acoustica Mp3 Cd burner for my audio Cds. But the thing is that I WANT to USE NERO’s neat feature of filtering the mp3 when mking Audio CDs. I have found ONLY Nero to have that neat feature that DO NOT destort the sound of the files. Only nero has the option upon making an Audio Cd to right click your files and use the Remove Hiss filter. It is EXTREMELY useful because most of the mp3 off the p2p are not ripped perfectly. And since I cant figure out what is the DEAl w/ the D A M NE D ASPI stuff I cant use it.

-Kurt.

I had the same problem. Nero 559o didn’t recognize my Lite-On52246S, so i’ve upghareded to Nero 5510, and that was all. And they have i believe at their site special file for updating recorders database.

ok, i have the same probelm

i have a LG 52x24x52 in a USB2-Atapi Shell and nero just wont reconigise it…

hmm, looks like your drive is not listed among the supported recorders

Makes me wonder why they included 2 copys of Nero Express in the box(i think the 2nd copy was accidental)

You could try and see if Feurio! has the burner in the list of compatible cdrws on their web site. If it is it should work for burning as Feurio! uses its own drivers for the burner. Then if you still wanted to use Nero you should be able to make a cd image and burn it with Feurio! as Nero"s cd image files are readable by Feurio!

THANX a lot bro.

Kurt.