Burning and encoding at the same time?

Quick question…I have already backed up several Dvd’s and games, but I want to find out. if i can encode while burning or will it just take even longer?

Im using shrink and decryptor.

If u need more info on what Im trying to do let me know

rfjr23

Not recommended unless you have a fairly high performance system. Transcoding is very CPU intensive and even though burning can usually be handled no sweat by a modern system, you might run up against buffer underruns. It just doesnt seem worth saving 15 minutes to me.

unless you have those intel cpu Hyper-Threading… but it not really recommend it…

it is almsot same… your encoding just take little longer beczu the cpu usuage use on the burning…

it is unadvisable as it may cause a crasha and wreck the blank media… or worse your drive. i once triend to use both cd-writers simaltaniosly, it made a costered copy in both drives. mult-tasking without ht is not reccomended.

then again u may aswell try it.

actually dont unless u hav a cheap burner and can take the risk :smiley:

i once triend to use both cd-writers simaltaniosly, it made a costered copy in both drives. mult-tasking without ht is not reccomended.

i could do that already with my athlon xp 2100+…just don’t have the burning speeds to high

but transcoding takes a bit more cpu power then just burning to 2 cd’s

Thanks for all the help. By the advice I’m not gonna do it. Just thought I would ask first so I didnt mess anything up

rfjr23