Burning an image for a mac

Hello!

After I discovered that my Frozen Throne CD also works in an Macintosh, I was curious about the backup. I copied the CD with Blindwrite but the Mac does not recognize the it. Under Windows everything works fine.
Do I need special burning software? Haven’t done any research yet, a bit lazy today…:slight_smile:

TIA

F.P.

Dunno why, but everytimeI burn an ISO/bin that’s 100% for Mac (ie with a Mac Filesystem only) with BW, the disk is unreadable on a mac.
So BW isn’t appropriate for mac filesystems, while other apps are :bigsmile:

The file systems have nothing to do with the physical cd layout (tracks, sessions, etc…). The file systems are burned as normal data. If you look at sector 16 onward, you will see the parts about the file system.

That said, I have no idea why bw doesn’t work with macs. Maybe a problem with autoplay or something.

Originally posted by Andareed
That said, I have no idea why bw doesn’t work with macs. Maybe a problem with autoplay or something.

I’m not taking the micky or anythging but I like how if something doesn’t work in BW then the Autoplay feature is automatically blamed.

I dont own a mac so I cant test it out ? would virtual pc software be able to produce mac enviroment ? just wondering. Also if you think it is autoplay you can always use the tweaker with blindwrite version 5 and take out autoplay or you can use blindwrite version 4 and untick autoplay .

gio

Seems that the copy works sometimes. Maybe the recording speed was too high. Will check that later.
I used Blindread v 4.5.7.49 and Blindwrite 4.5.7.92. Autoplay feature was off.

F.P.

Autorun aren’t the same on Mac & PC. So such a feature won’t be the cause.

Just a problem for the Mac ( G4 ) to recognize the cd. Not a copy protection issue.

F.P.