Burning an "enhanced" cd w/o multisession

as the title suggests, i wanna burn me some discs w/ audio and a little extra data. i don’t want the data to be on the first track. i don’t wanna f with multi-session bull, as i’m tryin to make 50 of these things. am i f’ed?
also, can i do this w/ i tunes? i have both a pc and mac @ my disposal and wanna do this as efficiently as possible.

p.s. whats the profanity policy on this forum?

thanks in advance! :flower:

The easiest way that I know for you to be able to do this is to use a Cue Sheet (.cue file). It is just a simple text file that discribes the tracks of a CD. What you would have to do is first convert all of you audio tracks to (seperate) CD compatible wave files (44100Hz 16it Stereo). Then burn the data you are going to put on the CD to an ISO image file (you can burn the data to a CD-RW and then rip to an ISO file). Next you will have to build the Cue Sheet in Notepad or other text editing program.

Here is an example of what your Cue Sheet might look like:

FILE “TRACK 1.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE “TRACK 2.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE “TRACK 3.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE “DATA.ISO” BINARY
TRACK 04 MODE1/2048

Save the file as [filename].cue and place it with the files you are going to use for you CD (you might want to consider putting everything in a single folder seperate from the rest of you files). Now burn the .cue file using Nero, Alcohol or other burning app that supports Cue Sheets.

Below is an description of each part of the Cue Sheet in case you are not familier with them:

FILE “[[B]filename[/B]]” [[B]file type[/B]]
TRACK [[B]track #[/B]] [[B]track type[/B]] (AUDIO or DATA)
INDEX [[B]index #[/B]] [[B]start time[/B]]

[B][filename][/B] = The name of the file that will be used for each track. A single file can also be used for multiple tracks but you would have to know the exact start time in the file in order to do this.
[B][file type][/B] = The type of file being used. The most common types are WAVE and BINARY. WAVE is used if the file is a .wav file. BINARY is used if the file is a CD image file (such as an .iso or .bin file) or a raw audio file (usually a .raw or .bin file). You can also use MP3 for .mp3 files but not many burning apps support this (that is why I said to convert you audio to .wav).
[B][track #][/B] = The current track number. This can be a number from 01 - 99. The track numbers must be listed in numerical order in the Cue Sheet or it will be rejucted.
[B][track type][/B] = For audio tracks simply put AUDIO. For data tracks however you will have to enter it in this format [MODE1/2048] where MODE1 is the data type and 2048 is the sector size. This example is the standard for most data CDs.
[B]PREGAP 00:02:00[/B] = The PREGAP is used to place a pause between tracks on a disc. A two second pregap is part of the Red Book standard but is not required. It is required however between the audio and data tracks in a mixed-mode disc (which is really what you are making). The pregap time follows the same rules as the start time for the index (see below). If you do not want you CD player to pause between audio tracks do not include the PREGAP line. Do included for the data track though.
[B][index #][/B] = The first index is usually numbered 01, however index numbers can be numbered from 00 - 99. There must be at least one index number of 01 for each track. Index number 00 is used when index 01 does not have start time of 00:00:00 in which case this must be the start time of index 00.
[B][start time][/B] = This must be in the format mm:ss:ff (minutes:seconds:fragments). Minutes can be 00 - 80, seconds can be 00 - 59 and fragments can be 00 - 74. When using seperate file in the Cue Sheet the first index for each file must have a start time of 00:00:00. When using a single file for multiple tracks (usually done with audio) each track's first index must have a start time of 00:00:00. For the most part the index line you will use should look exactly like the first example.

You must be sure that you have enough room on the disc to include both the audio the data otherwise you will get an error message when try to burn the Cue Sheet or mount it with an image drive.

Hopefully that covers everything. If you still have more questions or are having problems getting the Cue Sheet to work properly please let me know. There is more information you can put in a Cue Sheet but you probably won’t be using it since this extra info is usually only found on commercial Audio CDs.

I hope I’m not a little late here.

Is there any method to get an image file of only the data potion?
When I use Alcohol 120%, it creates an image of the whole cd.
I can’t just copy & paste the files since there’s some copy protection.

And second question:
I use the eac noncompliant cue type for the audio tracks and I found no program that supports this type of cue & can mount it into a virtual drive.
Any suggestion here?

The only program that I know of that can extract just the data track from an ECD would be ISO Buster. This program is very handy for anyone that works with CDs on an advaced level like you are trying to do. As far as EAC, it has been a while since I’ve used that program so an example of one of the cue files would be helpful. I should be able to tell you how to adjust the cue file so that is will work with other programs without deleting any important information.