Burning a winrar file

vbimport

i have been converting & burning for a while with winavi, someone told me on some files that don’t open to use winrar. i opened & converted a movie with winrar, and you see the movie on your computer, but when you go to burn to disk, it says it’s not there. can anyone tell me the steps to use using winrar? i would really appreciate it.

thanks

well what your saying is a little confusing since Winrar is just a compression program… inside the .rar file is the file you actually want to burn to disc.

i suggest using ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com , it’s FREE) to burn your files to disc. (MODE > BUILD)

p.s. also, in once in the MODE > BUILD section… i recommend switching the OPTIONS > File System to ‘ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF’ (if your burning a basic data disc) … if your burning standard DVD’s that play in your dvd player (which in your case dont matter since you burning a basic data disc, and even in this mode you still need other apps to convert etc etc) in general you always have to use the default of ‘ISO9660 + UDF’.

hey, thanks

i’m gonna keep trying

The problem is likely the conversion program, in this case WinAVI. Try another application. ConvertXtoDVD is highly recommended, although not free. FAVC is a free alternative.

[QUOTE=sdglovers;2177880]i have been converting & burning for a while with winavi, someone told me on some files that don’t open to use winrar. i opened & converted a movie with winrar, and you see the movie on your computer, but when you go to burn to disk, it says it’s not there. [B][B]can anyone tell me the steps to use using winrar? [/B][/B] i would really appreciate it.

thanks[/QUOTE]

http://www.acritum.com/winrar/manual/